This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question to Christians: how do you defend your religion compared to others?

#1TastyKittyMMMMPosted 10/27/2013 2:55:52 PM
In other words, why are you so convinced that Hinduism/Islam/Judaism are wrong? What makes you believe Christianity is truer?
#2Polish_CrusaderPosted 10/27/2013 4:12:49 PM
Christianity is an extension of Judaism, its just most of the jews rebelled at the time, thats why the torah is basically a small part of the bible. The jews refused to believe the other parts. So the jewish section of your questions doesnt completely count as an "alternative".

-Hinduism, i dont know too much about. But i do know from old friends that were hindus that they believe in multiple gods and stuff, like god of money and god of this and that. It doesnt make too much sense. Ontop of which there really is no mainstream hindu evangelism system in motion. So i know the real God would not want to leave 90% of the population outside of one country (india) in the dark. So for various reasons i do not believe hinduism is legit.

-Islam is the only real serious competition to christianity atleast theologically speaking. Probably because it is very similar to christianity. Atleast in some parts. To me, Islam fails on several levels: 1.)The birth of islam was war, torture and conquest. I always look at the birth of any organization to see how legit they are. The birth of christianity was evangelism and the 12 disciples. The first crusade didnt come until over 1000 years after christ crucifixion, that should tell you something. 2.)Islam openly says kill the infidel if they dont convert. Christianity has no such verse but encourages us to love the non believer as a way of encouraging them to convert. It even says love our enemies. Koran is the opposite.

In the end, God loves his creation. Why would a God create something that he hates? Jesus Christ is the answer, his life is the best example for all of humanity. Muhammed was a horrible example for humanity (pedophile, warlord, etc.), that should tell you something about islam. Christ is the way. Nothing else makes sense.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#3Polish_CrusaderPosted 10/27/2013 4:15:02 PM
Additionally, i forgot to add, that my believe in christ has nothing to do with comparisons. My belief is based off of miracles and historical study (in that order).

I didnt seriously consider comparing to other beliefs up until the last year or so. My first post was just to answer the TC's question.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#4EastsideslingerPosted 10/27/2013 5:35:00 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
Christianity is an extension of Judaism, its just most of the jews rebelled at the time, thats why the torah is basically a small part of the bible. The jews refused to believe the other parts. So the jewish section of your questions doesnt completely count as an "alternative".

-Hinduism, i dont know too much about. But i do know from old friends that were hindus that they believe in multiple gods and stuff, like god of money and god of this and that. It doesnt make too much sense. Ontop of which there really is no mainstream hindu evangelism system in motion. So i know the real God would not want to leave 90% of the population outside of one country (india) in the dark. So for various reasons i do not believe hinduism is legit.

Then what is your thought on denominations? They all use the same book more or less and then you have different views over the same words. However small these differences in thoughts and opinions on scripture why would there be any room for interpretation other than what is exactly written?
---
"That's Mushy Snugglebites' badonkadonk. She's my main squeeze. Lady's got a gut fulla' dynamite and a booty like POOOW!" - Tiny Tina
#5rick alveradoPosted 10/27/2013 5:44:24 PM
-Hinduism, i dont know too much about. But i do know from old friends that were hindus that they believe in multiple gods and stuff, like god of money and god of this and that. It doesnt make too much sense.

Why does multiple gods make less sense than one?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/RickAlverado
#6Polish_CrusaderPosted 10/27/2013 7:34:57 PM
rick alverado posted...
-Hinduism, i dont know too much about. But i do know from old friends that were hindus that they believe in multiple gods and stuff, like god of money and god of this and that. It doesnt make too much sense.

because it is not stable. Just like old greek mythology where they fight each other and stupid stuff happens. Thank God that nonsense doesnt exist (no pun intended).
---
#7Hustle KongPosted 10/27/2013 7:54:53 PM
Almost like some stupid "war in Heaven", right
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#8rick alveradoPosted 10/27/2013 8:14:23 PM
rick alverado posted...

because it is not stable. Just like old greek mythology where they fight each other and stupid stuff happens. Thank God that nonsense doesnt exist (no pun intended).

Plenty of stuff in real life is unstable. That may mean it's not ideal, but it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/RickAlverado
#9FingerpuppetPosted 10/27/2013 9:05:51 PM
I keep telling you guys not to feed the troll/poe, but you guys keep doing it. Ignore PC and you'll have a much better experience on 263.
---
http://i.imgur.com/kubEx.jpg
^^If you do not have an open mind, then I have nothing to discuss with you.
#10FlashOfLightPosted 10/27/2013 10:16:57 PM
TastyKittyMMMM posted...
In other words, why are you so convinced that Hinduism/Islam/Judaism are wrong? What makes you believe Christianity is truer?

(Note: The following answer is to be taken as only my opinion upon the topic in question, and not meant to speak for others, or to offend any group.)

The Bible addresses false worship, and the multiple forms they take, including false worship done under God's name, and false beliefs mascarading as true worship, such as Christ exposing the Pharisees, and the book of Revelation deals very distinctly with false worship with those within the Church.

Concerning Judaism being wrong, what the Apostle Paul said about it is most especially true to those who believe that they are under the Levitical Law of Moses, because if Christ has not come to fulfill the ordinances and statutes found in the Law of Moses, and especially with the temple being destroyed, they have no justification under any prophet that their sins are justified without a temple, no matter what reasoning or excuse is put that rabbis are the authority figures and that the obligations of the temple are excused while they are in the diaspora.

Islam itself bases itself on the figures that are already first established in the Bible as being true and accurate, such as Adam, Noah, Abraham, and David, with the very important inclusion of Moses, but Islam like Judaism denies these commonalities in some parts of what would otherwise seem to be a similar faith, by denying the inherit promises and fulfillment of them under Jesus Christ that were promised ever since Adam first sinned, and subsequently to Noah, Shem, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah, David, Solomon, and even further prophetically to Nebuchadnezzar, and Cyrus.

Islam leans on saying the prophets were legit, but then denies who the prophecies ultimately culminate in, which is in Jesus Christ. Judaism, likewise does this, for which reason Jewish persons to this day await a savior, and indeed already revere some rabbis as if they are that promised Messiah.

God's character is complete and revealed in the person of his Son Jesus Christ, but without Jesus Christ as that much needed mediator between God and man, atheists and non-believers alike have a certain valid justification in thinking of God only as a God of judgment which only takes care of non-gentile people, while fully submitting strangers to judgment, which is the incomplete picture one might wrongly come to if they just read the Talmud's writings by rabbis on the Old Testament alone - or if they follow Allah's standards in Islam towards strangers who are not Muslims, despite the Quran insisting on Allah being merciful, that mercy does not extend to the enemy.

Such is expressed in the Quran, under The Hypocrites, and the 8th Surah, which is not the same Spirit expressed in the Bible -

Luke 6:27-28 "But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you."

And likewise, in 1Tim. 2:1-2 "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty."

Some in Islam even have a taboo about the Quran not being pure, unless it is read in Arabic, which isolates any of the rest of the world who really want to know about Allah, insisting that while the Quran may be read in another tongue, it is in danger of being polluted unless it is in Arabic.

This is not what is expressed in the New Testament - Acts 2:4 "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance."
---
http://www.thecomicbookguy.com/images/comic%20images/lifescrooge3.JPG