This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How did Noah fit all those animals on the Ark and take care of them?

#1DarkContractorPosted 10/28/2013 3:25:12 PM
An answer, ladies and gentlemen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc4Sir5rTtM

Discuss
#2Moorish_IdolPosted 10/28/2013 4:07:34 PM
This reminded me of an answer I got from a pastor when I was a kid. He said all the animals fit because they were all babies.
#3rick alveradoPosted 10/28/2013 4:57:41 PM
Back when I was still a YEC this was one of the questions that really confused me. The best I could come up with was that they must have had more advanced technology before the flood, and the Ark was like the TARDIS, bigger on the inside then the outside. It wasn't long after that when I just gave up on YEC.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/RickAlverado
#4master_gamr1231Posted 10/28/2013 6:50:38 PM
Actually, you know what would explain this the best? Evolution. There were far fewer common ancestors than there are species today, so it would be more realistic to fit a bunch of the unevolved species on the ark.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#5Hustle KongPosted 10/28/2013 7:08:30 PM
"Unevolved"?
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#6Faust_8Posted 10/28/2013 7:24:56 PM
master_gamr1231 posted...
Actually, you know what would explain this the best? Evolution. There were far fewer common ancestors than there are species today, so it would be more realistic to fit a bunch of the unevolved species on the ark.

Sure, I mean, all it would mean is that evolution sped up by x1000 for a few years and then slowed down again. Easy peasy.
---
I'm not against religion. I'm against all bad ideas, held for bad reasons, prompting bad behavior.
#7ElderMisanthropyPosted 10/28/2013 7:35:32 PM
master_gamr1231 posted...

Speciation does not occur overnight.
---
For Amuro, this is the first time he's noticed the scent of a woman.
#8DeadPresidents2Posted 10/28/2013 7:58:56 PM
You know it's funny that this topic popped up, because I was thinking about this the other day. I was finishing my first read of 1984 (how did this book elude me for so long?) and realized that the Noah's Ark story is like THE DEFINITIVE example of doublethink. It's essentially the idea that 2+2=5, so long as that's what's required.

If I gave a math test to any YEC that was reasonably competent in mathematics, and one of the problems on it was "Could these things ( lists the measurements of all of the animals and food that would have fit on the ark) fit within this thing ( and then list the measurements of the ark)" the answer would be a resounding "no". Simple mathematics would disprove it. But then if I revealed it to be the Noah's Ark story, that answer would become "Yes". Now granted, the existence of a god would probably be what changed the answer for most, but I have seen an astounding amount of people on the internet try and use math to show how it's possible, despite the fact that, in any other given situation, the numbers wouldn't comply at all.

It's just really, really fascinating to me.

Man, that was a great book.
---
Me to this random girl : Mygirlfriendsayswhat? Random girl: What?
Me: Zing!
#9SirThinkALotPosted 10/28/2013 8:16:20 PM(edited)
I want to know what he did with all the animal crap.

Also how did koalas get from mt arat to Australia?
---
Learn real history and economics at liberty Classroom
http://www.libertyclassroom.com/dap/a/?a=1305
#10ElderMisanthropyPosted 10/28/2013 8:34:25 PM
SirThinkALot posted...
I want to know what he did with all the animal crap.

Also how did koalas get from mt arat to Australia?

Yeah, how did they get there?

Koalas climb trees, but I don't see any tree-bridges connected to Australia. If everyone "evolved" in Africa, how did koalas get to Australia?

Checkmate, atheists.
---
For Amuro, this is the first time he's noticed the scent of a woman.