This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How did Noah fit all those animals on the Ark and take care of them?

#111Julian_CaesarPosted 11/9/2013 4:12:35 PM
Thuggernautz posted...
The irony here being that any claim of God, or designed eyeballs with blind spots, falls prey to the same issues.

It's not irony for those of us who are willing to accept that God's existence is an a priori claim.
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.
#112Julian_CaesarPosted 11/9/2013 4:22:28 PM
DarkContractor posted...
That said, to use presuppositionalism as some sort of knock down argument against any and all claims really shows how little of a leg the theist has to stand on. If you can't reason to a position, then why adhere to it?

In a lot of cases you're right, but in this case it's pretty clear who is actually doing the presupposing. One cannot make the claim (even implied) that "human knowledge is the only knowledge" unless you are presupposing that no other being exists that is capable of having knowledge. As in, you cannot logically construct that position without assuming the non-existence of other beings. I don't even have to assume that they DO exist in order to point that out.

So can you reason to that position? Without simply assuming that our knowledge is all that exists? Note that not a single person in this topic has made the claim "God's knowledge is the best knowledge, therefore my argument is right." I've specifically avoided making that argument. All we have said is that "claims to the superiority of human knowledge cannot be made unless you are willing to prove/assume/accept that no other knowledge exists."

And it seems that the presupositionalists always have this crazy skepticism any and all claims except the ones they choose to have faith in.

Well duh, that's kinda the point. Presuppositional positions require that you chose the position, rather than having it chosen for you.
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.
#113Faust_8Posted 11/10/2013 12:08:34 AM
I honestly have absolutely no idea why you'd even think ANY of us are claiming that human knowledge is the ONLY knowledge.
---
I'm not against religion. I'm against all bad ideas, held for bad reasons, prompting bad behavior.
#114OzymandiasIVPosted 11/10/2013 6:44:21 PM
lol, kind of wish I had seen this topic before posting my last one >_>
---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
FC: 2020-0946-8183; PM me to add. Registered AC Time Traveler.