This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How did Noah fit all those animals on the Ark and take care of them?

#21Heineken14Posted 10/29/2013 8:14:32 AM
Simple. He didn't. It didn't happen.
---
Rage is a hell of an anesthetic.
#22the_hedonistPosted 10/29/2013 3:11:47 PM(edited)
Didn't you guys know? The Cambrian explosion happened around 2500 BC.
---
"Why should I gain from His reward? I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart - His wounds have paid my ransom."
#23OrangeWizardPosted 10/29/2013 5:16:47 PM
Thuggernautz posted...

Which is a useless answer, because you've never defined KIND nor how different a KIND is from a species.

Useless because in it leaves the question of "How could he have fit all those animals..." in a state of plausibility?
---
Think about all the time I've been wasting
Finding the right thing to say
#24Faust_8Posted 10/29/2013 8:19:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#25GuideToTheDarkPosted 10/29/2013 8:55:34 PM
Questions end with a question mark. I learned that from Sesame Street. **** Dora.
---
Creating an engine that generates fun is high art.
#26FlashOfLightPosted 10/29/2013 10:54:01 PM(edited)
Why do you atheists who follow evolution as absolute undeniable truth, keep bringing up the same questions that you have supposedly abandoned the first 20 times they were asked in favor of your superior maturity?

Who do you keep trying to convince? Yourselves or others? If you don't believe anything concerning Noah and the worldwide flood, why do you keep coming back to it when no answer on any level, whether short or long will suffice you?

Now with you, Darkcontractor, I have a particular interest, in that you, like JonWood were both former christians for a time (and whether former poster EmbraceChaos was or not, he seemed to indicate that the things he believed were due to very personal experiences dealing with Catholics), and in many of your questions on just not evolution and the lack thereof in relation to God's model, but in questions you bring up about the Gospels, and faith elsewhere, I feel the particular urge, obligation, and need to respond to you, and I am more often than not always hindered at the attempt, due to various reasons, but knowing that you still have the same questions -

why do you keep insisting on them if you already dismissed the whole Bible repeteadly as a farce?

Can you name me one thing that you didn't believe about the Bible that any argument with anybody else has made you retract that you didn't think the whole answer through?
---
http://www.thecomicbookguy.com/images/comic%20images/lifescrooge3.JPG
#27ElderMisanthropyPosted 10/29/2013 11:27:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#28GuideToTheDarkPosted 10/30/2013 3:22:11 AM
Who do you keep trying to convince? Yourselves or others? If you don't believe anything concerning Noah and the worldwide flood, why do you keep coming back to it when no answer on any level, whether short or long will suffice you?

Noah's ark is particularly appealing, because unlike all the spiritual or personal stuff, this is grounded in tangible reality. There's no getting around how boats and animals work.
---
Creating an engine that generates fun is high art.
#29Faust_8Posted 10/30/2013 6:33:17 AM
OrangeWizard posted...
Thuggernautz posted...

Which is a useless answer, because you've never defined KIND nor how different a KIND is from a species.

Useless because in it leaves the question of "How could he have fit all those animals..." in a state of plausibility?

No, useless as in it's as useless as saying only the QUANDOS of animals went in the ark. Why doesn't that make sense? Because what the hell is a quando? Same thing with "kind."

It's also worth noting that nothing above species level actually truly exists--Kingdom, Family, Order, and so on only exist on paper to make it easier to group them and see what's most closely related. Everything belongs to those groups in our human-constructed system but a species is all anything actually IS. So no matter what you try to define a kind as (probably the Order level) it still means that whatever it was back then, it was a species. It couldn't possibly be an Order and then modified enough to suddenly become a species, that's not how it works.

Basically you're saying that there was only one species of spider, for example, and after a few thousand years we have 34,000 species of spider...which is two absolutely ridiculous statements rolled up into one. There was not only one species of spider and then uber-evolution would have to take place to multiply the number of species by that much.
---
I'm not against religion. I'm against all bad ideas, held for bad reasons, prompting bad behavior.
#30OrangeWizardPosted 10/30/2013 6:48:08 AM
If all species couldn't fit in the ark, then we have a definite problem.

If we don't know whether or not all quandos could fit in the ark, then we do not know if we have a problem.

Taking something from "definitely not" to "It's plausible, depending on certain unknown facts..." is not what I would call useless.

Would you rather play with a 0% chance of victory, or a 0% - X% chance of victory, where X is > 0?

it still means that whatever it was back then, it was a species

Yes, I am aware that any given animal is classified as a species.

Basically you're saying that there was only one species of spider, for example

I am not saying that.

and then uber-evolution would have to take place to multiply the number of species by that much.

Why do you think that God's miracles somehow stopped the moment everybody got off the Ark?
---
Think about all the time I've been wasting
Finding the right thing to say