This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any moderate Christians here?

#1BronyFriendzoniPosted 10/29/2013 7:42:42 PM
I'm really surprised by how radical some of the Christians(even fellow Catholics) on this board are. I'd like to think there are some Christians here who are to learn and open to changing their opinion, but some of you guys are kinda scary. Just my two cents.
#2Moorish_IdolPosted 10/29/2013 7:48:54 PM
You sound pretty scary too.
#3BronyFriendzoni(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 8:09:29 PM
uh..why?
#4StCanardPosted 10/29/2013 8:21:41 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
You sound pretty scary too.

Give a hoot. Don't pollute this board with your anti-Catholic bigotry.
---
quack
#5Polish_CrusaderPosted 10/29/2013 8:31:00 PM
Define a "moderate christian"

To me a christian is anyone who follows the teachings of the bible. How do you delineate between moderately following the bible and any other way to follow the bible?
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#6IamvegitoPosted 10/29/2013 9:11:31 PM
Gonna need a definition. I'd say I don't fit the bill, as I'm radically liberal, to the point where you'd find it difficult to distinguish me from a non-theist unless you got me to actually talk about theology.
---
"A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."
#7BronyFriendzoni(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 9:22:19 PM
I'm a Christian because I follow the Nicene Creed. I'm a moderate because I don't see the need to force my views on other people, particularly on moral issues like gay rights or abortion, and because I don't feel like I need to agree with everything that's in the Bible or in the catechism of the Catholic Church in order to be a good Christian.
#8BronyFriendzoni(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2013 9:28:39 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...

To me a christian is anyone who follows the teachings of the bible. How do you delineate between moderately following the bible and any other way to follow the bible?

Well I think that's a poor definition of a Christian. I'm not a biblical literalist.
#9zero8691Posted 10/29/2013 10:13:07 PM
BronyFriendzoni posted...
I'm a Christian because I follow the Nicene Creed. I'm a moderate because I don't see the need to force my views on other people, particularly on moral issues like gay rights or abortion, and because I don't feel like I need to agree with everything that's in the Bible or in the catechism of the Catholic Church in order to be a good Christian.

Do you feel the same on say Welfare or healthcare Mr Moderate Christian? or would you rather have them starve and die?
---
If Judeo-Christian God exists, he creates and destroys indiscriminately. He loves and hates all. That's pretty badass
#10Polish_CrusaderPosted 10/29/2013 11:08:28 PM
BronyFriendzoni posted...
Polish_Crusader posted...

Well I think that's a poor definition of a Christian. I'm not a biblical literalist.

I didnt say anything about literalist this or that. I just said following the bible. If following the bible is a bad definition for a christian, then what do you call a good definition?
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash