This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any moderate Christians here?

#121Polish_CrusaderPosted 11/11/2013 10:40:23 AM
BronyFriendzoni posted...
Polish_Crusader posted...
No, its because you make vague, abstract statements about very defined data.

The bible states what a christian/believer is. I know my definition of what a christian is. For some reason your (lackluster) definition does not include anything related to belief in the bible. The bible is the book of christianity. Just like the Quran is of Islam. You cannot judge anyones standard of practicing a belief system without including the written standard of what that belief is based off of.

You fail, horribly, TC.

Ok, so you don't *like* my definition. You still understand it.

No, i dont. lets take a look:

"Moderate Christians are less certain about when and how our beliefs can be translated into statutory form, not because of a lack of faith in God but because of a healthy acknowledgement of the limitations of human beings. "

wtf does "healthy acknowledgement of the limitations of human beings" have to do with following God?
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#122BronyFriendzoni(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 10:41:34 AM
Accepting the Nicene Creed as true is a sufficient definition of Christian for me. You don't feel the same way. That's too bad.
#123BronyFriendzoni(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 10:42:59 AM
No, its because you make vague, abstract statements about very defined data.

The bible states what a christian/believer is. I know my definition of what a christian is. For some reason your (lackluster) definition does not include anything related to belief in the bible. The bible is the book of christianity. Just like the Quran is of Islam. You cannot judge anyones standard of practicing a belief system without including the written standard of what that belief is based off of.

You fail, horribly, TC.

Ok, so you don't *like* my definition. You still understand it.

No, i dont. lets take a look:

"Moderate Christians are less certain about when and how our beliefs can be translated into statutory form, not because of a lack of faith in God but because of a healthy acknowledgement of the limitations of human beings. "

wtf does "healthy acknowledgement of the limitations of human beings" have to do with following God?

It has to do with being a moderate, and understanding our fallibility.
#124BronyFriendzoni(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 10:45:22 AM
Christian: Somebody who follows the Nicene Creed

Do you understand this definition of Christian? Y/N?
#125BronyFriendzoni(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 10:56:57 AM
Wandering__Hero posted...
The not so moderate atheists and a bunch of trolls chased them away.

Apparently this was the correct answer.
#126Polish_CrusaderPosted 11/11/2013 12:04:45 PM
Accepting the Nicene Creed as true is a sufficient definition of Christian for me. You don't feel the same way. That's too bad.

*looks up nicene creed*

ok, now we are getting places.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#127ThuggernautzPosted 11/11/2013 12:22:24 PM
You seriously didn't know what the Nicene creed is? Really?
#128AynRandySavagePosted 11/11/2013 1:20:11 PM
Thuggernautz posted...
You seriously didn't know what the Nicene creed is? Really?

Definitely a Poe
#129Hustle KongPosted 11/11/2013 3:51:33 PM
Remember, dude didn't know what monotheism was either.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#130BronyFriendzoni(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 9:37:19 PM
My condescension was completely justified here.