This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

26% of Americans say the Jews killed Jesus.

#1bsballa09Posted 11/1/2013 11:59:19 AM(edited)
http://www.jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewish-News/Poll-26-percent-of-Americans-believe-Jews-killed-Jesus-330341

The latest ADL national telephone survey, of 1,200 adults, was conducted this month and has a margin of error of about 3 percent. The results were released Thursday.

The percentage of respondents who believe that Jews are responsible for the death of Jesus was 26 percent, down from 31 percent in 2011.

Even though it's down from 31%, that's still 1/4 of Americans. Questions for Christians on this board. What exactly are you taught about who killed Jesus? Not trying to insinuate anything, just a genuine question. My assumption is that it's generally the Pharisee leaders and Pilate, but that somehow translates to Jews for many Americans.
---
Assad is a doctor. It's insulting to suggest any doctor would actively order chemical weapons be employed onto civilians. - jabini
#2C_MatPosted 11/1/2013 12:01:31 PM
Well, it was requested by Jewish Pharisees but carried out by Roman soldiers, so...it's debatable who takes more of the blame. It's definitely shared, though.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#3Hustle KongPosted 11/1/2013 12:04:18 PM
but that somehow translates to Jews for many Americans.

That's not surprising, but still disappointing. I'd like to see how the questions were worded, but I don't seem to see those in the link.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#4bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 12:05:05 PM
Hustle Kong posted...
but that somehow translates to Jews for many Americans.

That's not surprising, but still disappointing. I'd like to see how the questions were worded, but I don't seem to see those in the link.

I saw the actual PDF before, I'll try to find it.
---
Assad is a doctor. It's insulting to suggest any doctor would actively order chemical weapons be employed onto civilians. - jabini
#5bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 12:06:42 PM
Found it.

http://www.adl.org/assets/pdf/press-center/adl-survey-attitudes-towards-jews-in-us-2013.pdf

ONE FOURTH OF AMERICANS BELIEVE THAT JEWS
WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATH OF CHRIST.

Percentage of Americans who said, “Jews were responsible for the death of Christ."
---
#6Hustle KongPosted 11/1/2013 12:11:17 PM
Holy ****.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#7epictetus1216Posted 11/1/2013 12:14:45 PM
It use to be higher. Things have calmed down.
#8kozlo100Posted 11/1/2013 12:16:16 PM
Not Christian anymore, but I was raised that way. In a nutshell, Sunday school taught me that the Sanhedrin found Jesus guilty of blasphemy, brought him before Pilate, who sent him to Herod. Herod didn't care, sent him back to Pilate, who tried his level best not to execute Jesus, but eventually relented to the will of the crowd.

At the time, if asked 'Did the Jews kill Jesus' I would have answered no. Though the Sanhedrin and the crowd were Jewish, I didn't really relate them with Jews in general, and didn't consider them as representative of Judaism as a religion or a people. Also, if I'd have got into the technicalities, despite Pilate's reluctance, Jesus was still executed under Roman authority.
---
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.
#9bsballa09(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 12:17:49 PM
epictetus1216 posted...
It use to be higher. Things have calmed down.

Its actually been steady over the past 4 years, going up and down a few percentage points.
---
#10PhoenixWroggiPosted 11/1/2013 3:12:41 PM(edited)
While some Jewish authoritarians might have been miffed about Jesus, the account given in the Gospels is clearly meant to besmear the non-Christian Jews.

Who killed Jesus? The Romans.

100%

Nobody else.

Who is responsible for the death of Jesus? The Romans.

99%

Maybe some others.
---
"Lupus! Is it lupus?" -George Costanza
"It's never lupus." -Dr. Gregory House