This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When will Islam overtake Christianity in the West?

#1paulo_yamatoPosted 11/6/2013 7:21:50 AM
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/09/survey-one-in-five-americans-is-religiously-unaffiliated/

because if Atheism takes hold in the US as it has in the UK, of course there will be a large amount of those who could be converted.

kind of funny that Mormonism (aka corporate Christianity) is growing so fast:
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/church-is-the-second-fastest-growing-religion-in-the-united-states
---
When Barack Obama has left office in 2017, this will be the only video we need to remember about his 8 years: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8spP856AMY
#2toxicpiePosted 11/9/2013 5:26:12 PM
Bump because I wouldn't know, but this is very interesting.
---
Psalm 27:1
#3The_Zora_KingPosted 11/9/2013 6:28:46 PM
I doubt it will happen in the U.S. However, the U.S. is definitely becoming less religious, with generation X and Y. I don't know about Europe though.
---
Si usted entiende esto, diga "Veo la luz!"
Enjoy writing? Contribute to Extend-a-Story! - http://www.sir-toby.com/extend-a-story/
#4Polish_CrusaderPosted 11/9/2013 7:17:31 PM
United States- Never. The body of christ is just too strong in the states. The middle of the country has the most church growth, and (not coincidentally) also has the most population and investment growth as well (north dakota, texas, etc.) This is coming from someone who has been to both europe and africa.

Europe- the way its going, islam could become the majority within the next 150 years. For some strange reason the average european has a general negative/hateful view of anything related to christianity, but they look at Islam with this view of "far off eastern religion ubiquity" so to speak. Luckily european islam is doing their own damage to this artificial politically correct image by making terrorist attacks, and forcing people to wear head veils and such.

South America- Never. It is too poor for any serious immigration from muslim states. The Body of Christ is huge in some areas (urban brazil, etc.) but declining in other areas (mexico). S.A. doesnt really seem to changing by any major influence in the next 5 decades.

There, i covered all of the western states i could think of. Unless you consider australia to be western, then i would say mix the American statement with the European one.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#5Al-UzzaPosted 11/9/2013 7:23:44 PM
. Luckily european islam is doing their own damage to this artificial politically correct image by making terrorist attacks

So you're glad when terrorist attacks happen so long as it fulfills your desires. Do you know what that makes you?
#6zero8691Posted 11/9/2013 7:33:45 PM
It will take over in the west, when hell freezes over.
---
If Judeo-Christian God exists, he creates and destroys indiscriminately. He loves and hates all. That's pretty badass
#7str8KnowledgePosted 11/9/2013 8:03:57 PM
Why would atheists convert to islam?
#8Hustle KongPosted 11/9/2013 8:15:40 PM
I think until and unless Islam "westernizes" in the same way that Christianity did, there isn't really a super huge chance of it becoming the dominant religion in the west.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#9Polish_CrusaderPosted 11/9/2013 8:28:36 PM
Al-Uzza posted...
. Luckily european islam is doing their own damage to this artificial politically correct image by making terrorist attacks

So you're glad when terrorist attacks happen so long as it fulfills your desires. Do you know what that makes you?

No, i never said that at all. I was saying how some europeans are finally waking up to the realities of what Islam does to societies (look at poverty and sharia law of muslim states all over the world) by examining the actions of islam all around them. I was saying luckily the truth is coming out, not luckily that people are dying. You did not think intelligently about my post.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#10Al-UzzaPosted 11/10/2013 12:38:20 AM(edited)
You did not think intelligently about my post.

I made an assumption, based on your habits here to degrade and/or demonize Islam as a whole whenever it's brought up. It's really not a giant leap for me to assume you would even be joyful whenever a massacre happens and the perps appear to be muslims because its another chance for you to justify your stance against them. If my negative impression of you is surprising, consider the bigotry you show in almost every topic.