This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When will Islam overtake Christianity in the West?

#11roduPosted 11/10/2013 6:54:29 AM
str8Knowledge posted...
Why would atheists convert to islam?
#12DT2501Posted 11/10/2013 8:14:13 AM
rodu posted...
str8Knowledge posted...
#13IvashankoPosted 11/10/2013 9:52:43 AM
Its unlikely to ever happen. Lasting conversions to Islam in the West (noted as conversions past a few years- three to five, I believe) are exceedingly rare (up to two thirds of converts leave Islam- I'll try to find the statistics if I have the time latter), and the birth rates of Muslims women are falling in line with the majority population (in the next few years the growth via birth rates of global Muslims will be the same as global Christianity).
#14str8KnowledgePosted 11/11/2013 12:43:54 AM
I think atheist are more likely to end up buddhist.
#15TaitaoPosted 11/11/2013 8:55:32 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#16MrTamborineManPosted 11/12/2013 3:33:07 PM
No. The only thing that may take over Christianity in the West is atheism/agnosticism. Islam won't do it. Certainly not in the United States, and atheism, not Islam is already poised to take over in Europe.

I think in the next 150 years Christianity's base will be primarily Africa, South America, and the United States, with substantial pockets of Christians scattered throughout Asia. It will probably be virtually dead in Europe and Canada.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e3Y_xkXh_Q
#17ForsakenHermitPosted 11/12/2013 3:59:36 PM
I don't think Europe is going to change much from where it is now.
---
"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is barbarity." -Robespierre
#18Polish_CrusaderPosted 11/12/2013 8:29:01 PM
ForsakenHermit posted...
I don't think Europe is going to change much from where it is now.

You really dont know whats going on in europe right now. Islam is on the rise like wildfire. Militant atheism is too. Its neck and neck.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#19IvashankoPosted 11/12/2013 8:39:12 PM
I think in the next 150 years Christianity's base will be primarily Africa, South America, and the United States, with substantial pockets of Christians scattered throughout Asia. It will probably be virtually dead in Europe and Canada.

Canada is more religious than Western Europe, as is southern and eastern Europe (which are actually much more religious than most people give them credit for). As for western and northern Europe (and parts of central Europe), immigration is bringing in not only Muslims, but a lot of Christians as well.

It is also possible that a violent reaction to Islam will be expressed through the 'native' religion, i.e. Christianity, which would lead to an increase in religious expression in Europe, but that's more speculative.

As for Polish's response, the immigration of Christians to Europe and their birth rate is similar (and in many places higher) than those of Muslim immigrants. Muslims make up only around 7% of the population and their birth rates are falling rapidly each generation. The 'Eurabian' myth is just that- a myth.
#20FingerpuppetPosted 11/14/2013 12:39:26 PM
DT2501 posted...
rodu posted...
str8Knowledge posted...

---
http://i.imgur.com/kubEx.jpg
^^If you do not have an open mind, then I have nothing to discuss with you.