This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would Satan pretend to be God?

#11Valnor50(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 7:14:56 PM
I like where this conversation is going. Even if the thought is offensive to you, you have to admit it's interesting.
#12Al-UzzaPosted 11/10/2013 8:13:10 PM
Not sure if I'm entirely correct on this but I believe there is a religious group in the Middle East that looks to Lucifer/Iblis as the good guy and purest monotheist because he refused to bow down to Adam like all the other angels did (hence not showing idolatry).
#13Kia123AminiPosted 11/10/2013 9:07:08 PM
Al-Uzza posted...
Not sure if I'm entirely correct on this but I believe there is a religious group in the Middle East that looks to Lucifer/Iblis as the good guy and purest monotheist because he refused to bow down to Adam like all the other angels did (hence not showing idolatry).

Did the angels bow down to Adam? Also, isn't that the Satanist dogma?
---
\m/ RIP Ronnie James Dio, July 1942-May 2010. I hope you enjoyed your unparalleled musicianship while it lasted (all 67 years, dude). \m/
#14Al-UzzaPosted 11/10/2013 9:32:34 PM(edited)
Kia123Amini posted...
Al-Uzza posted...

Did the angels bow down to Adam? Also, isn't that the Satanist dogma?

Well I found the religion I was thinking about is the Yazidi's, and it just has influences from other religions in the region.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidi#Religious_beliefs

It sounds similar to some Satanist's beliefs but I think it's just a coincidence.
#15Faust_8Posted 11/10/2013 10:08:58 PM
Hustle Kong posted...
Do you live your life as if the world were real, even though it is perfectly possible that you are a brain in a vat, and impossible to tell if you aren’t?

If so, you might want to think about disparaging him for essentially the same exact thing.

I'm really not seeing any similarity between those two at all.

In one, you're just being duped into worshiping the wrong supernatural entity if you're wrong. In the other, all perceptible reality is fake if you're wrong.

In the former, wrong or right you can still live your life. In the latter, you literally must make the assumption that you're right in order to do...anything. Anything at all.
---
I'm not against religion. I'm against all bad ideas, held for bad reasons, prompting bad behavior.
#16Polish_CrusaderPosted 11/16/2013 5:17:00 PM
Satan cannot cast out satan. Why would satan build Gods kingdom?

You know who is satan and what is God by their actions. Satan would never work for Jesus. Jesus would never work for Satan.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#17gamesrgreatPosted 11/16/2013 5:37:59 PM
Hustle Kong posted...
Do you live your life as if the world were real, even though it is perfectly possible that you are a brain in a vat, and impossible to tell if you aren’t?

If so, you might want to think about disparaging him for essentially the same exact thing.

Thing is that even if this isn't real it still affects us so there is no point in living as if I am in a vat (not even sure what that would entail)

Living as if this world is real makes more sense than serving a god that has no indication of existing let alone of being of a specific nature
---
D-Jesus aka Flash aka 3, Christ Bosh aka the Prophet aka Raptor Jesus, King James 3:16 The Miami Heat 2012 and 2013 Champs
#18childofdelightPosted 11/17/2013 3:06:53 PM
Not to be a buzzkill or anything, but:

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death. James 1:12-15
---
//I`*'\;:;:;/'*`*`{ ~ Love and Light ~ }`*`*'\;:;:;/'*`I\Y/I`'*|~P L~\*'`'I\\
|]I'*'`|:/\:|`'*'u*'`{ ~ Blessed Be ~ }`'*n'*'`|:/\:|`'*'I[ | ]I`'*|~U R~\*'`'I[|
#19KiyomasaPosted 11/17/2013 3:50:09 PM
look at almost any protestant or conservative catholic and you have your answer.
---
ALL CREATURE WILL DIE AND ALL THE THINGS WILL BE BROKEN. THAT'S THE LAW OF SAMURAI.
#20ForsakenHermitPosted 11/17/2013 5:20:05 PM
Some Theistic Satanists believe that God is evil and that Satan has been slandered when in reality he just wants to overthrow an unjust tyrant. Also there's the controversy in the Muslim world over the gharaniq verses.
---
"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is barbarity." -Robespierre