This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Persecution of christians is on the rise, globally. - German News

#21kozlo100Posted 11/11/2013 12:07:23 PM
Ivashanko posted...
Polish isn't wrong that Christians are the most persecuted religious group in the world

I'd like to see the stats on that. I just don't have a very clear picture of relative levels of religious persecution, and that seems like a reasonable place to start.
---
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.
#22theSMITHSPosted 11/11/2013 1:26:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#23IlluminoiusPosted 11/11/2013 5:22:00 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
Someone is mad at reports of christian persecution,

why wouldn't i be upset at the unfair persecution directed to any one particular group
#24LinkFanaticPosted 11/11/2013 6:29:49 PM
I'd like to see you get persecuted, Polish. I really would.
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced
#25Polish_Crusader(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 2:44:35 PM
kozlo100 posted...
Ivashanko posted...
Polish isn't wrong that Christians are the most persecuted religious group in the world

I'd like to see the stats on that. I just don't have a very clear picture of relative levels of religious persecution, and that seems like a reasonable place to start.

Look it up yourself. Google search is a good start.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#26GBALoserPosted 11/12/2013 7:17:20 PM
Since this topic is lazy, I'll repost what I had in the earlier topic:

If you note the examples listed, Christianity is the minority in the majority of the cases. A "They aren't like the rest and should be marginalized or expunged" mentality sets in. This seems to explain the terrorism put against some Christians.

As for state-sponsored oppression, that seems to be more of a general control issue the government has e.g. Christianity is legal in China... so long as it's the state-approved version. It has roots in the public psyche, but it ultimately has to do with what that government considers a challenge to its authority. That another religion might cause a change in demographics that will cause them to lose power is a risk they want to mitigate.

---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#27Al-UzzaPosted 11/12/2013 7:25:17 PM
Every religion is legal in China, so long as it's the state approved version...
#28childofdelightPosted 11/12/2013 8:09:20 PM
Meanwhile, in Uganda:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20754891

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/04/01/wife-of-ugandas-president-denies-anti-homosexuality-bill-is-designed-for-persecuting-gays/

You (Westerners) have imposed on us enough of your bad practices, right from guns, and we shall not allow homosexuality in Uganda because the Bible forbids it.

---
//I`*'\;:;:;/'*`*`{ ~ Love and Light ~ }`*`*'\;:;:;/'*`I\Y/I`'*|~P L~\*'`'I\\
|]I'*'`|:/\:|`'*'u*'`{ ~ Blessed 'Be ~ }`'*n'*'`|:/\:|`'*'I[ | ]I`'*|~U R~\*'`I[|
#29GBALoserPosted 11/12/2013 10:34:41 PM
Expanding on childofdelight

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/09/13/nigerian-student-science-prove-gay-marriage-wrong_n_3920879.html

Amalaha says his "groundbreaking" experiments show the north and south poles of two magnets are attracted to each other while same poles repel each other.

He concludes this “means that man cannot attract another man because they are the same, and a woman should not attract a woman because they are the same. That is how I used physics to prove gay marriage wrong".

---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#30Lord_IchmaelPosted 11/13/2013 12:12:40 AM
Jon's post should have ended the topic. Logically speaking, the biggest minority of each political territory is most likely to face the highest number of persecutions. That's not the full story. In every case, equal rights for all is the only solution- to favor one encourages further persecutions. I'm looking at you, fundamentalists.