This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why would one pray to an omniscient god?

#21Moorish_IdolPosted 12/16/2013 6:30:55 PM
vamosalaplaya posted...
Alright let me rephrase the question:

Why talk to god when it has known for all time and beyond what you think and what you are going to say? And cannot one simply listen to it rather than have a conversation?

Again, this is assuming prayer is used to relay information to God. This isn't what it's used for.
#22SirThinkALotPosted 12/16/2013 8:01:36 PM
vamosalaplaya posted...
Alright let me rephrase the question:

Why talk to god when it has known for all time and beyond what you think and what you are going to say? And cannot one simply listen to it rather than have a conversation?

Because prayer isnt for God's benefit?
---
"People work themselves up over bullcrap all the time. Doesn't mean it's not a stupid concept."-Hustle Kong on race.
#23vamosalaplaya(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2013 9:32:21 PM
So if it is there for my benefit it is basically a well of spirit? When I need I take? In all religions? How come so many devouts are simply asking? Is that sacrilidgr to ask for mercy?

Can anyone tell me how their prayer either for desire to become reality or their conversation to grow them manifested itself? My grandfather for instance kept a prayer journal and it cannot show whether god acted or god planned. How do I know????

It is difficult. On the one hand I want to praise The Lord but at the same time I do want to waste the precious time he has given me on telling it things it already knows
---
You'llbemywifeandsharemylife,Wewillgrowold.Andwhenwediewe'llbury
ourselves.'causenoonewantstodiealoneWe'lldie alonetogether,Diealonetogether
#24DeedicePosted 12/20/2013 10:12:52 PM
Faith is often tested through prayer. Yeah, he knows our innermost desires and trials, but do we truly believe in the power of prayer? If we don't pray, the chances are, we don't believe in the power of prayer.
---
"How many gunfights you been in? **** is difficult, man." - Hustle Kong