This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"God killed more people than Satan!"

#261mystic belmontPosted 12/28/2013 7:30:58 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
mystic belmont posted...

The fact that God decided to put the tree of knowledge in the garden of Eden, and should have known based on how smart god is or should have been

What does intelligence have to do with predicting the autonomous choices of others?

A sufficiently intelligent being can predict what lower lifeforms will do. Since God designed us, he knew that we would be curious, and lack the knowledge of deceit. By laying down the tree, he knew (or should have known, based on how smart God is supposed to be) that his creations would eat from the tree.

This is very similar to how if you lay down bleach or other chemicals for a child to get it's hands on, you know (or should know), they will attempt to consume it.

If you tell your kid not to consume it, but than another adult tells them to consume it, you can't blame the child for doing so.

OW, i think your greatest debating ability is feigning understanding of people, or simple concepts (thanks aaronra).
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican] 3DS FC: 5429-7297-4842
#262OrangeWizard(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 9:11:10 PM
mystic belmont posted...

A sufficiently intelligent being can predict what lower lifeforms will do.

Do you have any evidence for this claim?

Since God designed us, he knew that we would be curious, and lack the knowledge of deceit.

You're assuming that this is the reason why Adam and Eve sinned.
---
Think about all the time I've been wasting
Finding the right thing to say
#263mystic belmontPosted 12/28/2013 9:21:49 PM
They "sinned" because they were lied to about God being okay with them eating the apple.
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
#264OrangeWizard(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 9:46:26 PM
mystic belmont posted...
They "sinned" because they were lied to about God being okay with them eating the apple.

Can you prove this?
---
#265mystic belmontPosted 12/28/2013 9:59:33 PM
OrangeWizard posted...
mystic belmont posted...

Can you prove this?

We have gone over this before, but it's genesis 3:13
---
#266OrangeWizard(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 10:15:02 PM
mystic belmont posted...

We have gone over this before, but it's genesis 3:13

If we've gone over this before, you'd know that the last time this verse was brought up, I said that Eve's word couldn't be trusted.

"We don't and can't know if she was being entirely truthful or not."
---
#267mystic belmontPosted 12/28/2013 10:17:56 PM
So God didn't know that Eve was lying? Because the very next part of genesis specifically has God cursing the snake for deceiving Eve.
---
#268OrangeWizard(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 11:01:34 PM
mystic belmont posted...
So God didn't know that Eve was lying? Because the very next part of genesis specifically has God cursing the snake

This doesn't mean that God believed her.

The snake could very well be deserving of punishment for reasons such as lying, or the whole "leaving heaven, talking through a snake and trying to get humans killed" thing.
---
#269Slade867Posted 12/29/2013 9:24:08 AM
OrangeWizard posted...
mystic belmont posted...
So God didn't know that Eve was lying? Because the very next part of genesis specifically has God cursing the snake

This doesn't mean that God believed her.

The snake could very well be deserving of punishment for reasons such as lying, or the whole "leaving heaven, talking through a snake and trying to get humans killed" thing.

If God didn't believe her he would have said something. God explains why they are being punished. "Lying", somehow, never comes up.

You think the snake was guilty of "lying" and "trying to get humans killed"? That's exactly what Eve says. Are you saying Eve didn't believe the snakes lie, yet did what he wanted anyway? That makes no sense. When was the last time you knew you were being lied to and yet did exactly what the liar wanted? That's right, never.

Maybe I've misunderstood you. What EXACTLY is your claim? What evidence do you have that you're right. Oh, and I mean specifically. Not an answer like "The Bible".
---
If there's one thing the big guy hates, it's a bully!
#270OrangeWizard(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2013 11:32:31 AM
Slade867 posted...

If God didn't believe her he would have said something.

How do you know this?

God explains why they are being punished. "Lying", somehow, never comes up.

Because he wasn't punishing Adam and Eve for lying.
That's like trying to punish someone for "jaywalking" in a trial where someone is guilty of murder and arson.

You think the snake was guilty of "lying" and "trying to get humans killed"? That's exactly what Eve says.

No, that's not exactly what Eve said.

Are you saying Eve didn't believe the snakes lie, yet did what he wanted anyway?

I'm suggesting that this is a possibility.
---