This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just another topic about the homosexuality and the Bible.

#41C_Mat(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 11:27:42 AM
...and that's why the sex didn't happen. What's your point? That doesn't mean the sodomites were rapists, unless you can provide some positive reason they were.
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#42DT2501Posted 1/29/2014 11:45:34 AM
When Lot refuses to let them have sex with the angels, they threaten to do "worse" to Lot than what they planned to do to the angels--implying that the sex would have been a bad thing for the angels. This was not a wish to have a loving encounter with the angels, it was a wish to impose themselves on them sexually. If that's not rape, I don't know what is.
#43master_gamr1231Posted 1/29/2014 11:46:25 AM
No, the sex didn't happen because Lot said "no," the guys said, "screw you, we're coming in," the angels turned them blind, and God said, "KILL IT WITH FIRE!" The fact that the men were going to break down the door to get at dat ass certainly implies rape.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#44ThuggernautzPosted 1/29/2014 12:07:52 PM
This is the same line of argument that says that taking virgin slaves as wives after conquest somehow also doesn't imply rape.
#45TalesOfGodPosted 1/29/2014 12:40:28 PM
I don't know why people keep on bringing it up.
Anyone who has extensively read, studied and followed the Bible already should know that it condemns homosexuality.
If you feel so offended about it, change your religion.
You can cry on how immoral it is or praise it but either way, it doesn't change the fact that the Bible condemns homosexuality.
There are tons of events, laws and phrases that are against homosexuality.
There is nothing that supports homosexuality.
#46C_Mat(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 1:24:18 PM
master_gamr1231 posted...
No, the sex didn't happen because Lot said "no," the guys said, "screw you, we're coming in," the angels turned them blind, and God said, "KILL IT WITH FIRE!" The fact that the men were going to break down the door to get at dat ass certainly implies rape.

That's a possible implication based on your paraphrasing, but what do you make of the sentence in verse 9, when Lot says their actions are wicked, and they reply, "This fellow came here as an alien, and now he wants to play the judge." Does that sound like the response of someone trying to rape another person?
---
#47master_gamr1231Posted 1/29/2014 1:57:06 PM
C_Mat posted...

That's a possible implication based on your paraphrasing, but what do you make of the sentence in verse 9, when Lot says their actions are wicked, and they reply, "This fellow came here as an alien, and now he wants to play the judge." Does that sound like the response of someone trying to rape another person?

It sounds like the response of anyone getting defensive after being called out for misdeeds. "Don't you judge me!" Basically seems like it's saying that Lot was going against the culture of the city; i.e. rape culture. Notice that in verse 8, Lot said, "only unto these men do nothing, for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof." He's not upset that the men want to have sex with men; he's upset that they want to rape his guests.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#48C_Mat(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2014 2:06:58 PM
It sounds like the response of anyone getting defensive after being called out for misdeeds. "Don't you judge me!" Basically seems like it's saying that Lot was going against the culture of the city; i.e. rape culture. Notice that in verse 8, Lot said, "only unto these men do nothing, for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof." He's not upset that the men want to have sex with men; he's upset that they want to rape his guests.

"Rape culture" lol

Where in the Bible does it say that Sodom/Gomorrah had a "rape culture"?

You're totally making that up.
---
#49Moorish_IdolPosted 1/29/2014 2:16:27 PM
@C_Mat

Hate to divert the conversation, so feel free to answer at a later time, but I have a question about Sodom and Gomorrah.

How are we to explain away this verse:

Ezekiel 16:49
English Standard Version (ESV)
49 Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.
#50master_gamr1231Posted 1/29/2014 2:18:52 PM
C_Mat posted...

"Rape culture" lol

Where in the Bible does it say that Sodom/Gomorrah had a "rape culture"?

You're totally making that up.

Where in the bible does it talk about people riding dinosaurs? It's called inference. Since God apparently found Lot and his family the only good people in the city, is it that hard to figure? And I notice how you ignored the rest of my post.
---
Welcome to my kingdom!