This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Approach to religions and worldviews

#61Hustle KongPosted 3/17/2014 2:58:02 PM
Dathrowed1 posted...
Jon vs. Polish, this is going to be hilarious

Whoever wins… we lose.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#62splodeymissilePosted 3/17/2014 3:31:00 PM
Hustle Kong posted...
Dathrowed1 posted...

Whoever wins… we lose.

It'll certainly be fun to watch. Who wants popcorn?
---
One can not help but imagine Microsoft as being ran by a thousand Homer Simpsons. -Obturator
#63Moorish_IdolPosted 3/17/2014 3:41:27 PM
Dathrowed1 posted...

<!-- insert unstoppable force vs. immovable object analogy here -->
#64Julian_Caesar(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 7:37:07 PM
JonWood007 posted...
Probably the "new" Christian music, which is a poor attempt at pop culture. As opposed to the classic old school hymns which actually carry a tune and sound...good.

Yes, this exactly.

There hasn't been a good "Christian band" since DC Talk. I think Switchfoot is made up of Christians, but they avoid being a "Christian band" for this very reason...such an association would destroy any attempt at making actual music because it would shoehorn them into a crappy genre/fanbase. Whereas 20 years ago, it wasn't nearly this bad (i.e. we didn't call DC Talk a "Christian band", they were a good band that also happened to be Christians).
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.
#65Julian_Caesar(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2014 7:38:52 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
Dathrowed1 posted...

My name is Jon too. So its Jon vs. Jon. lol.

@_@

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.
#66kts123Posted 3/17/2014 9:45:06 PM
Ah, the plot thinkens, don't you know how women can totally cloud your thinking on these kinds of subjects? All those hormones and brain chemicals. The evolutionary drive.

As of July, it will be three years since I last spoke to her. The brain chemicals and hormones have had plenty of time to stabilize.

We stand on the shoulders of giants. Data transmission helps us acquire more knowledge, and critical thinking and science helps us make sense of it. We are acquiring more and more knowledge, and applying it more and more as well. Look around you. That same old grey matter led to the computer you are typing on, and the internet that allows you to talk to me.

Okay dude, don't say I didn't warn you.

Except, to be blunt, it relies on ignorance.

No, it relies on God choosing a unique and personal way to introduce Himself to those He loves. When it comes time for God to make His appearance, He'll do it in a way meant for you. Heck, don't let me put God in a box for you, He might actually use evidence in your case.
---
Chess!
http://www.chess.com/members/view/KyleTS
#67OrangeWizardPosted 3/17/2014 10:02:10 PM
kts123 posted...

As of July, it will be three years since I last spoke to her. The brain chemicals and hormones have had plenty of time to stabilize.

No, once you've known a woman's touch, you're defiled forever. Your logical processes will never be the same, and all that graduate-level knowledge disappears permanently.

You must be a pure, untouched virgin in order to think on the level that Jon does. Putting up an anti-cootie shield such as a fedora, a neck beard and a trench coat is sufficient to preserve one's intellectual prowess.
---
The head is backwards.
The head is backwards
#68JonWood007Posted 3/17/2014 10:48:48 PM

Doesn't matter. I may not know the specifics of the situation at hand here, but I know enough of such situations that they can cloud one's judgment on matters of truth. You're not the only one who has had an existential crisis, buddy. I understand all too well. But you know what? I've come to the complete opposite conclusions.

No, it relies on God choosing a unique and personal way to introduce Himself to those He loves. When it comes time for God to make His appearance, He'll do it in a way meant for you. Heck, don't let me put God in a box for you, He might actually use evidence in your case.

I know exactly what you mean, it's a mind game dude. It's not real. It's a massive optical illusion.

No, once you've known a woman's touch, you're defiled forever. Your logical processes will never be the same, and all that graduate-level knowledge disappears permanently.

You must be a pure, untouched virgin in order to think on the level that Jon does. Putting up an anti-cootie shield such as a fedora, a neck beard and a trench coat is sufficient to preserve one's intellectual prowess.

Oh geez, give me a break, OW, you don't know crap here.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#69GuideToTheDarkPosted 3/18/2014 1:40:51 AM
I don't know about a woman's touch, but I'm certain that /b/ros are denied from the pearly gates, OW.

Also, most of those fedoras are actually trilbies.
---
http://tinyurl.com/oq35s4q
#70kts123Posted 3/18/2014 7:10:41 AM
Doesn't matter. I may not know the specifics of the situation at hand here, but I know enough of such situations that they can cloud one's judgment on matters of truth. You're not the only one who has had an existential crisis, buddy. I understand all too well. But you know what? I've come to the complete opposite conclusions.

More interesting than the conclusions, what sparked the existential crisis?

I was about as rational as a potato, I agree. Our kindred spud would have scored significantly higher on an IQ test. But I haven't even talked to her in three years, as of this July. That's more than enough time for the tuber level thinking to rebound.

Unless this is some terrible Nicholas Sparks novel. True Believer 2.
---
Chess!
http://www.chess.com/members/view/KyleTS