This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Approach to religions and worldviews

#81Polish_CrusaderPosted 3/18/2014 1:59:14 PM
Jonwood your a hypocrit.

You didnt do THE CORRECT research. If i want to find out about 1500s history am i going to sit on my butt and complain about it? Am i gonna look at 500s history? No i gonna look at 1500s history.

You did not do everything the bible says, with faith, to get confirmation that you were looking for. I know your story you told it to me. You didnt get what you wanted right away, so you called it quits. I know ur whole story. You cant get this by me. You DID NOT look for it yourself. Stop lying. You gave up when you didnt get what you wanted. Thats not faith.
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#82Polish_CrusaderPosted 3/18/2014 2:00:39 PM
Im not looking at a singl eone of your stupid links until you answer the damn question-

Why are you complaining about not having evidence for something you are not looking for? Dont give me that you used to. Thats a lie. Im talking right NOW.

Why are you not looking for something that you are complaining about seeing. right... now?
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#83JonWood007Posted 3/18/2014 2:26:07 PM(edited)
You did not do everything the bible says, with faith, to get confirmation that you were looking for. I know your story you told it to me. You didnt get what you wanted right away, so you called it quits. I know ur whole story. You cant get this by me. You DID NOT look for it yourself. Stop lying. You gave up when you didnt get what you wanted. Thats not faith.

As I said, if I had other reasons to hold on to my faith, I would have. But I didn't. Because the entire worldview fell apart because at its foundations, there was nothing. Christianity, to use a reference you may understand, is not a house built on a rock, it's a house built on sand. You're thinking within the system, you need to think BEYOND the system. You have to learn to question the system. Only if the system is valid do your claims hold true. But there is no evidence your system is legitimate, and heck, there's a lot of evidence your system is not valid.

Your behavior in this topic explains PRECISELY why I left Christianity. It's always MY fault isn't it? The system isn't broken, I am right? Don't question the system, don't criticize the system, just victim blame. Ask for evidence, how dare I? Act like thomas the doubter, how dare I? Who am I, a pitiful human, to question God (the system)? THat's all your system is built upon. It uses all the common methods of social controls found everywhere from cults, to various kinds of states/countries. When you question it, when you scrutinize it, there is NOTHING. Not one iota of valid evidence, not one valid reason to believe. Just a revolving door of excuses and victim blaming. You just don't get it, do you?

Until you demonstrate your system is valid, you have nothing to stand on. Because I think beyond the system. I question its very foundations and reject it to its very core. Your words do not sway me, because I recognize them for what they are.

Your system ONLY works if people throw away knowledge. If they act gullible. If they don't question it.

Why are you complaining about not having evidence for something you are not looking for? Dont give me that you used to. Thats a lie. Im talking right NOW.

Why don't you think I'm looking? Because I don't use your obviously flawed methodology? I will admit, I don't look like I used to, but mainly because I see it as a settled question. I bring up this topic here because JC was wondering why young people are shying away from religion, and I'm saying the problem is a lot deeper than some lame, insincere music.

And in this entire topic, no one has given any evidence for Christianity...or in any of the other topics I have demonstrated. People shy away from the question. They make excuses. They victim blame. They deflect. They obfuscate under fancy sounding arguments that under scrutiny don't even SAY anything of value. They try to shift the bruden of proof to me.

You guys just don't understand. And PC, I'd recommend you get a little more Christ-like right now if you're gonna try to lecture me about religion. Instead of trying to judge me, why don't you actually take one of the GOOD messages of your religion and NOT judge people, especially about things you know NOTHING about.

You know what? Even if things, with that event you speak of, changed, right now. I would likely not believe. Because my views go BEYOND it. You portray me as a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum simply because I didn't get what I want. You could not be more wrong. I don't believe because there actually is no legitimate evidence your worldview is true. Don't judge that which you know nothing about.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#84Polish_CrusaderPosted 3/18/2014 2:27:19 PM
Jonwood, you need to be christlike before you tell somebody else to be christlike. Thats how i know you are a hypocrit. If you were christlike you would follow gods commandments. You cant tell somebody to do something you are not doing- it makes you sound like a little kid telling his dad how to be a father. Its just childish.
---
#85Polish_CrusaderPosted 3/18/2014 2:28:51 PM
And yes... it is your fault. I offered to show you a miracle. But you are uninterested. How did jesus and the disciples convert thousands of people (and subsequently millions off of that)? Through miracles. The best way to see god is his work of miracles. You do not want to receive one. So you make this circular argument...
---
#86JonWood007Posted 3/18/2014 2:37:44 PM(edited)
PC, you have nothing to stand on. You claim to follow Christ, yet you judge my intentions when you don't know crap. You use ad hominem in place of real argument. It's pathetic, really.

PS, if anyone is wondering what kind of miracles he was wishing on me, he wanted to infest my home with lady bugs and crap like that. Mostly natural phenomena really. Also, don't you think I could pray for miracles myself? Nothing happens.

That being said, I'm done with you. If I didn't take you seriously before, I definitely don't now.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
#87Polish_CrusaderPosted 3/18/2014 2:39:56 PM
Lol, your entire "argument" has been pathetic off the get go. Dont complain about things you do nothing about.

Oh btw- James 4:3-4

that sums up most of your excuses.
---
#88WelshGamer82Posted 3/18/2014 2:42:13 PM
I have no idea why I keep checking this thread. Subconsciously, I think I'm expecting to find gold in a coal mine.
#89Polish_CrusaderPosted 3/18/2014 2:43:33 PM
Im glad you are done with me. Cuz ive been done with you for a while.

Everytime you go ranting about hypocritical circular anti logical nonsense im gonna call you out for it.

Jonwood: EVIDENCE EVIDENCE EVIDENCE! WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE!

Me: What are you doing to find the evidence?

Jonwood: uhhhh... (stupid look on his face, then starts rambling about how im suppose to solve his problem that im not interested in)

Me; You just made yourself look stupid, jonwood. Dismissed...
---
#90JonWood007Posted 3/18/2014 2:49:56 PM(edited)
that sums up most of your excuses.

More ad hominems, more victim blaming. Yay. That's all your view is good for anyway. Yeah, don't provide evidence, just go on about what an awful person I am.

I have no idea why I keep checking this thread. Subconsciously, I think I'm expecting to find gold in a coal mine.

Sounds like me trying to find evidence for PC's worldview.

Jonwood: uhhhh... (stupid look on his face, then starts rambling about how im suppose to solve his problem that im not interested in)

Your worldview makes claims, it's up to you to demonstrate them. And you've tried, unsccessfully. You go on about prophecy when that has been debunked. You look at them finding "noah's ark" when that is a well known scam. You go on about angelica zambrano while ignoring every piece of evidence that does not coincide with your worldview.

Obviously I must be a horrible person to ignore all of the evidence you presented, even though it is flawed from the get go. Even though I've countered all your points and you just go LALALA CANT HEAR YOU.
---