This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The term "deconversion"

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. The term "deconversion"
2 years ago#31
You both sound like bona fide Anglophiles (although I don't fall under that umbrella, technically).
2 years ago#32
Yea, that's probably accurate.
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.
2 years ago#33
I prefer American spelling/usages typically, even though my initial exposure in English classes used the British way of spelling. German (my native language) insists on pronouncing every letter in a word (well, 99% of the time), so words like "color" and "realize" make more sense to me than "colour" and "realise".

I absolutely refuse to use gray though. grey just looks so much better. Very much a pet peeve for me.
2 years ago#34
Do you prefer "trousers" or "pants"?
2 years ago#35
I prefer "pants". :P

Actually I also say "trousers" to refer to "pants" that are for formal wear. I don't know if that's typical or not.

It bothers me that "pants" and "trousers" are plural, though.
2 years ago#36
Ych a fi.
2 years ago#37
2 years ago#38
I’m not as much an Anglophile as I am an Anglophone. I would be in favor of adopting a single spelling convention. I also am interested in the “Anglish” movement, which is beyond silly.
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
2 years ago#39
Hustle Kong posted...
If I convert to a religion, and then leave it, that would be to me the correct use of "deconvert".

The only people I ever hear using the term are people who lost their religion and became atheists. It's almost idomatic, kind of like "I could care less."
Failure to at least give this show a chance gives anyone you see the right to punch you in the face.
- Spiritclaw on Battlestar Galactica
2 years ago#40
It's like a secret, subtle war is being waged with words, where people fight by gradually adding hidden meanings and implications to words in order to undermine, disparage or insult the other side.
The head is backwards.
The head is backwards
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. The term "deconversion"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived