This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

World Vision (Christian charity) lifts ban on employees in gay marriages

#31CoyoteTheGreatPosted 3/26/2014 8:00:04 PM
Well, people like the Hedonist and Polish Crusader might be singing a victory song over this one, but I can't imagine all this high profile news regarding them cowing and changing their position is going to make normal people very happy with World Vision.
---
Disobedience is the stamp of the hero. -Ragnar Redbeard
Also, this is Kagata.
#32Hustle KongPosted 3/27/2014 2:27:31 AM
Exactly. These types if bigots are going to fall by the wayside and be as embarrassing as the clan before not too long to the public at large.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#33C_Mat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 8:07:44 AM
I don't see how some of you can claim that one side (the Christians) are capable of being more bigoted than the other side on this issue. For example, I was going to continue supporting the charity even if I disagreed with their views on this marriage thing because I didn't want to cut off a few kids from receiving food and health supplies. If someone else, perhaps a more liberal Christian, says they'll refuse to contribute to the ministry because of its current stance on marriage, does that mean they're more intolerant than I am?
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#34Dathrowed1Posted 3/27/2014 8:09:34 AM
CoyoteTheGreat posted...
Well, people like the Hedonist and Polish Crusader might be singing a victory song over this one, but I can't imagine all this high profile news regarding them cowing and changing their position is going to make normal people very happy with World Vision.

I doubt normal people care.
---
sig
#35philsovPosted 3/27/2014 8:18:28 AM
C_Mat posted...
I don't see how some of you can claim that one side (the Christians) are capable of being more bigoted than the other side on this issue. For example, I was going to continue supporting the charity even if I disagreed with their views on this marriage thing because I didn't want to cut off a few kids from receiving food and health supplies. If someone else, perhaps a more liberal Christian, says they'll refuse to contribute to the ministry because of its current stance on marriage, does that mean they're more intolerant than I am?

No, it means they have crappier priorities. The reverse scenario is also true.
---
...And the pain was enough to make a shy, bald Bhuddist reflect and plan a mass murder.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=3952.0
#36C_Mat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 8:25:49 AM
So one side is intolerant, the other side has crappy priorities? Or both sides would just have crappy priorities?
---
http://youtu.be/gmnSnNC8UJk
#37kts123Posted 3/27/2014 10:48:44 AM
World Vision has never sat very well with me, probably because it's promoted by KLOVE, which doesn't sit well with me either. A few of the donation advertisements have been along the lines of "You don't have to give, but if you don't, you basically hate God and worship Satan." I really wouldn't be surprised if this whole flip-flop maneuver wasn't just a way to get money from Republican evangelicals.
---
Chess!
http://www.chess.com/members/view/KyleTS
#38Polish_CrusaderPosted 3/27/2014 2:05:52 PM
CoyoteTheGreat posted...

Are you suggesting that people that follow what the bible says are not normal?
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#39CoyoteTheGreatPosted 3/27/2014 5:27:04 PM
Polish_Crusader posted...
CoyoteTheGreat posted...

Are you suggesting that people that follow what the bible says are not normal?

Any credible interpretation of the bible allows for gay relationships and gay marriage. This has been shown on this board time and time again, with many of our board's Christians being incredibly supportive of the gay community, and many others having adopted these positions over time. Public opinion is rapidly shifting against using the bible as a weapon for heteronormative values. Just as the time that the bible was used to keep women in oppressive gender roles has mostly passed, so too is the same happening with homosexuality. 50 years into the future, Christians will be shocked that homosexuality and all of this culture warrior nonsense that was created by the conservative right when Christianity became politicized was even an issue, and people like you will be properly recognized as political rather than religious agitators.
---
Disobedience is the stamp of the hero. -Ragnar Redbeard
Also, this is Kagata.
#40the_hedonistPosted 3/30/2014 6:40:52 AM(edited)
CoyoteTheGreat posted...
Any credible interpretation of the bible allows for gay relationships and gay marriage.

Lol. I'm not too concerned about this topic - it's an interesting view into a particular evangelical subculture, but I am not a fan of parachurch organizations in the first place, and I have few opinions about their hiring practices. But this is laughable. When the Bible calls homosexuality an abomination, unnatural, and shameful, I think it is clear what the credible interpretation is.
---
"Why should I gain from His reward? I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart - His wounds have paid my ransom."