This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Richard Dawkins converted to Christianity, this isn't a joke! Holy cow.

#11Hustle KongPosted 5/29/2014 2:32:34 PM
YouAreCrumbs posted...
Hustle Kong posted...
In your heaven, unnecessary death and suffering is required?

Hey, man, it's Heaven. If God wants to make a cow that doesn't suffer or die when you eat its tasty parts, that's all up to him.

But you can't tell me that there's an eternity of bliss and happiness that doesn't involve well marbled steaks.

I certainly can. An appropriate punishment for me would be being forced to eat flesh.
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#12kts123(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2014 2:43:32 PM
Hustle Kong posted...
YouAreCrumbs posted...
Hustle Kong posted...
In your heaven, unnecessary death and suffering is required?

Hey, man, it's Heaven. If God wants to make a cow that doesn't suffer or die when you eat its tasty parts, that's all up to him.

But you can't tell me that there's an eternity of bliss and happiness that doesn't involve well marbled steaks.

I certainly can. An appropriate punishment for me would be being forced to eat flesh.

Speaking of our own personal Hell, here's a fun joke for your aspiring magician friends. Satan was giving a tour of Hell (yeah, want to fight about it?) and his new guest was amazed by all the diverse tortures. Finally, he sees a magician -- who was a total jerk in life -- reluctantly performing card tricks for three women. "I don't get it, Satan" the man mused "Everyone else is being tormented by spiders, fire, and other terrors, and this guy is just doing magic tricks?" Satan bellowed "Who are YOU to question these women's punishment?"
#13kozlo100Posted 5/29/2014 2:45:00 PM
I imagine that in heaven, it will be quite easy to get a juicy, delicious, well marbled steak that is totally vegan.

Heck, we're coming up on the ability to do that down here on Earth.
---
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.
#14kts123(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2014 2:48:15 PM(edited)
On a serious note, how do you feel about eating artificially grown meat, HK? (Assume the technology is advanced enough there are no weird health risks.)
#15Hustle KongPosted 5/29/2014 2:52:08 PM
kts123 posted...
On a serious note, how do you feel about eating artificially grown meat, HK? (Assume the technology is advanced enough there are no weird health risks.)

Same as I do about eating “hufu”. It's a simulation of an act I find repugnant. While I do eat “meat substitutes” I don't think they resemble meat in any meaningful way. I was raised as a vegetarian, so I'm not looking to replace lost experiences, if that makes sense.

Good magic joke. :)
---
Shooting Game never die.
It prays that the clover of luck be always in your mind.
#16Moorish_IdolPosted 5/29/2014 4:24:28 PM
I don't eat meat either outside of fish (pescetarian). I've never really liked any meat substitutes I've tried, except for one -- some American brand veggie burger. I couldn't really tell it apart from beef burgers, except for it being orange... and all those mysterious green chunks inside. But damn it was tasty.

Haven't yet found a good veggie burger here in NZ.
#17CoyoteTheGreatPosted 5/29/2014 7:51:30 PM
kozlo100 posted...
Huh, I had no idea that dude spent his early years in Africa.

Anyway, I know the feeling. I don't think I'd call myself a secular Christian, but I do enjoy going to church with my family, and get a kind of comfort from the rituals.

That's because you are a secular Mormon, which is incompatible with Christianity.
---
Disobedience is the stamp of the hero. -Ragnar Redbeard
Also, this is Kagata.
#18NoSite4OldCEmenPosted 5/29/2014 9:24:17 PM(edited)
[This message was deleted at the request of Governor Santini]
#19kozlo100Posted 5/30/2014 12:26:15 AM
CoyoteTheGreat posted...
That's because you are a secular Mormon, which is incompatible with Christianity.

Keep up bro, I'm a secular Catholic who's married to a secular Mormon.
---
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.