This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you eat the fruit of this tree...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. If you eat the fruit of this tree...
10 months ago#131
epictetus1216 posted...
You think she just told him, "Here, have a bite, darling?" Do you think he would have if he didn't think the power of God would be his?

What I think is irrelevant to the truth or falseness of your claims.
---
The head is backwards.
The head is backwards
(edited by OrangeWizard)
10 months ago#132
Julian_Caesar posted...
rick alverado posted...
Just out of curiosity, does it actually say God is infallible in the Bible?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+32:4

He is the Rock. His work is perfect.
Everything he does is just and fair.
He is faithful, without sin.

Thank you kindly.
---
http://ericbarkman.tumblr.com/chronohustle - My short story series about a time traveling con artist.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RickAlverado - My YouTube.
10 months ago#133
OrangeWizard posted...
epictetus1216 posted...
You think she just told him, "Here, have a bite, darling?" Do you think he would have if he didn't think the power of God would be his?

What I think is irrelevant to the truth or falseness of your claims.

What is relevant to you concerning this story?
10 months ago#134
epictetus1216 posted...

You answering the assumption that I called you out on would be relevant. Namely that Eve must have repeated what the snake said to Adam.
---
The head is backwards.
The head is backwards
(edited by OrangeWizard)
10 months ago#135
OrangeWizard posted...
epictetus1216 posted...

You answering the assumption that I called you out on would be relevant. Namely that Eve must have repeated what the snake said to Adam.

Yes, she must have. If he didn't hear the serpent directly then she must have told him of her encounter. Nothing else makes sense. It's highly unlikely he took a bite for no good reason other than she handed him the apple. "Mmm, yum yum." He knew which tree she plucked the apple from and would have been horrified unless he thought there was something to be gained from it, and not that it just looked scrumptious.
10 months ago#136
Well 1 Timothy 2:14 says "Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived" or something to that effect. All translations point to that.

Edit: 1 timothy
---
sig
(edited by Dathrowed1)
10 months ago#137
^ The implications of that are critical. If Adam was not deceived, either by the serpent or Eve, why did God kick him out of Paradise? Yes, he ate from the tree he was forbidden to, but did he know? If he did what would have been his motivation?
10 months ago#138
epictetus1216 posted...
^ The implications of that are critical. If Adam was not deceived, either by the serpent or Eve, why did God kick him out of Paradise?

Because he still disobeyed.

Yes, he ate from the tree he was forbidden to, but did he know? If he did what would have been his motivation?

I think not being deceived means he knew he was disobeying. The bible never reveals, could be several reasons. Still it doesn't give us the incentive to play psychologist
---
sig
10 months ago#139
Dathrowed1 posted...
Still it doesn't give us the incentive to play psychologist

I don't think I'm playing psychologist, but if I am I believe I have good incentive for it. I'm trying to understand his reason for taking a bite. Why would he be such a fool to disobey God unless he thought there was something to gain by it? God told him he would surely die if he ate from the tree. That was a big risk he took. He must have thought there was a big payoff to take it. Either that, or he didn't know from what tree he was eating.

There really aren't that many options for what motivated him.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Religion
  3. If you eat the fruit of this tree...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived