This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Former Christian explains why he became an atheist in nearly 4 minutes

#1CaptainKOPosted 7/20/2014 8:02:41 PM(edited)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbUmQ7TfRE

Amazingly simple and amazingly true at the same time. Me personally, i would never do that or think like that, but some people do, so props to them.
---
https://www.facebook.com/arhicks00darksouls
#2Faust_8Posted 7/20/2014 8:46:18 PM
Evid3nc3 has an AMAZINGLY detailed and emotional deconversion story on youtube, however it's many videos long, so you pretty much have to decide to get around watching them over at least a week if you want to actually view them. However I highly recommend it. He was incredibly devout and faithful, but valued truth over faith, thinking that the truth would LEAD him to increased spirituality. However the knowledge he gained showed him how illogical Christianity was and he simply couldn't believe anymore.

Also the dialogue and quality of the videos are top notch, and he's very respectful at all times as well. Simply an amazing series.
---
"It's hard to reason people out of positions they didn't reason themselves into."
--JonWood
#3LinkFanaticPosted 7/21/2014 12:40:27 AM
I second Evid3nc3 as well. I never did finish watching it all, actually; at the time he was still releasing videos so I stopped.
---
SSJ Gotenks is santa clause, because he can fly around the planet in one night. - ShaolinAced
#4TheWetRatPosted 7/21/2014 2:18:26 AM
Third for Evid3nc3. I wish he still put out videos.
---
Be confident in what you know; and don't be afraid of what you don't.
#5Polish_CrusaderPosted 7/21/2014 9:45:31 AM
This perfectly explains why this board is not enjoyable and why most of the good christian posters stopped posting:

trolling topic after trolling post
trolls
fail atheists
---
"Being a Christian isn't for sissies.It takes a real man to live for God If you really want to live right these days, you gotta be tough."-Johnny Cash
#6OzymandiasIVPosted 7/21/2014 10:13:29 AM
Polish_Crusader posted...
This perfectly explains why this board is not enjoyable and why most of the good christian posters stopped posting:

trolls
fail atheists

Not to mention terrible Christians. There have been quite a few.

But really, the biggest issue with the board is that every conversation has been done to death, and any time someone new comes along and wants to discuss something, it's one person wanting to discuss something and everyone else who's tired of having that discussion. There are a few original topics every now and then, but they're few and far between (and usually end up with a bunch of bickering, anyway).
---
Yes, I'm probably joking, teasing, or being sarcastic.
#7CaptainKO(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 3:44:23 PM
OzymandiasIV posted...

trolls
fail atheists

Not to mention terrible Christians. There have been quite a few.

But really, the biggest issue with the board is that every conversation has been done to death, and any time someone new comes along and wants to discuss something, it's one person wanting to discuss something and everyone else who's tired of having that discussion. There are a few original topics every now and then, but they're few and far between (and usually end up with a bunch of bickering, anyway).

Basically, the reason why I left so many years ago.
---
https://www.facebook.com/arhicks00darksouls
#8OzymandiasIVPosted 7/21/2014 4:33:39 PM
And the reason I rarely visit anymore.
---
Yes, I'm probably joking, teasing, or being sarcastic.
#9Storm ShadowPosted 7/21/2014 4:37:26 PM
This board seems to have been made specifically to be Cotton's replacement. Unfortunately, all the years of hatred and rage from that board are long since purged.
---
"Tradition" is the reason for doing something you can no longer think of a reason for doing. -Pearls Before Swine
#10FreauxPosted 7/21/2014 5:26:30 PM

trolls
fail atheists

This video wasn't remotely offensive, are you angered because he mirrored your topic title and OP?
Semi childish of you, and him/her but not enough to be offended by any means.

Your video, had a former atheist saying he took every passage at face value, literally, it's irrelevant but I find that absolutely ridiculous especially considering he "studied" the verses.

Made me think he was a paid actor.

This atheist guy was just kinda smug, which is horrid, but doesn't show a compete misunderstanding of his ideology.
---
PSN: Fre_aux