Do Subway employees get free food?

#11n64fan1Posted 1/13/2014 12:18:55 AM
I worked at Subway from 2010-2011 and we got free sandwiches. 6 inch for a part time shift and 12 inch for an 8 hour. Also unlimited free drinks.
---
My signature has been on vacation since 2008. Guess it's not coming back.
#12VeryFunTimesPosted 1/13/2014 1:03:51 AM
Did you smell like mayo and onions?
---
Hey.
#13ClergybonesPosted 1/13/2014 5:36:53 AM
That's a pretty sweet deal but have to watch your weight.
#14GegendPosted 1/13/2014 9:23:41 AM
At BK's I got a 10 or 15% discount. However, if I worked to closing time, I would get the salads and some other stuff for free.
---
"Gannicus has taken something from me. And I will see it returned" Glaber
#15n64fan1Posted 1/13/2014 11:52:50 AM
Clergybones posted...
That's a pretty sweet deal but have to watch your weight.

No kidding, I gained like 30 lbs.
---
Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!
#16n64fan1Posted 1/13/2014 11:53:32 AM
VeryFunTimes posted...
Did you smell like mayo and onions?

Yes.
---
Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!
#17kelemvorPosted 1/13/2014 2:35:42 PM
FrankGrimes posted...
Subway is a franchise business, so free food is up to the management.

I worked at a Quiznos where the manager was a penny pincher and gave us food at 50%. Later, I worked for two separate Jersey Mike's stores, one did a free whatever while you worked, the other did a free regular (more substantial 6" than Subway) as long as you were scheduled 4+ hours.

Yep, free food is one of the very few perks management has to try to entice good workers, seeing as how most fast food pays near min wage. I mean, it doesn't seem a like a lot, but when you are poor that's like an extra 5-7 dollars a day. I know when I was a teenager I worked at a pizza shop over McDonalds for the free food. Private owners know that the the free food costs them barely anything and are more likely to appreciate their workers as real people instead of sheep.

Now big corporate owned chains might be a different story. I think most sandwich shops are franchised, but I would STAY AWAY from Darden restaurants. They will throw the food away before letting you eat for free on your break. If you get to your shift early, you can pay 50% to get something to eat. Also you get low pay, few breaks, and if you are a server you might have mandatory side work.

Also, the mention of Jersey Mike's is making my mouth water.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#18greese1Posted 1/13/2014 6:36:20 PM
At darden all servers have mandatory side work, I have yet to be in a restaurant that doesn't. However, I worked for the busiest Red Lobster in the company as a server and bartender and it was hell.
#19CaptainJuarezPosted 1/17/2014 12:34:26 AM
I remember when I worked at McDonald's back in like 2001, employees didn't even get a discount and management would fire you on the spot if they saw you so much as eating a single fry.
---
Only a true coward blindly accepts "authority".