How would you survive a zombie ourbreak?

#1DreamWarrior90Posted 5/27/2012 7:38:15 PM
Lucky for me there is two near by places where I can acquire guns,knives,food,ammo,cross bows,etc. For the first few days I would hole up in my local mall then move to a new location every couple days.
---
NWO4LIFE!
U Can't See ME!
#2Cory_LevyPosted 5/27/2012 8:18:59 PM
Try to become as silent and efficient as possible. I wouldn't bother trying to use guns or maintaining a 'personal paradise'. Simply put, I'd become a scavenger and roam the world. Would try the most to avoid contact with the undead as much as possible.

In the end, if I became comfortable with it, probably hole up in the middle of nowhere with not much surrounding me, such as a house on a hill or in the desert.
---
"Pop Tarts? Did you say you have Pop Tarts?
http://www.playmountain.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/cabin-in-the-woods.jpg
#3_starcrash64_Posted 5/27/2012 10:28:01 PM
One could always test out Bill Murray's theory, and put on zombie make-up, and blend in with the undead. Actually, the low budget 90's zombie flick "The Dead Hate The Living" was the first film to try that, as far as I know. If that doesn't work, prepare for combat.

Ever notice that just about every zombie film acts like "There just aren't enough bullets!"
I don't buy that at all. We certainly have the means, but then you wouldn't have a movie.
#4padurruPosted 5/27/2012 10:31:23 PM
Best way to survive a gosh darn zombie outbreak is to go underground.

If you stay boarded up in a house or a building that will get you killed since the zombies will just break in and devour you.

Go underground such as tunnels or something. Even underground bunkers will help
#5ZeusPosted 5/28/2012 1:55:36 AM
If you aren't geared from the get-go then you're probably screwed, sorry.

Otherwise staying put in a fortified location is good, since things will be chaotic right off.
---
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." ~ Winston Churchill
(\/)agic (\/)ush |-|yren
#6ZeusPosted 5/28/2012 2:00:05 AM
Best way to survive a gosh darn zombie outbreak is to go underground.

If you stay boarded up in a house or a building that will get you killed since the zombies will just break in and devour you.

Go underground such as tunnels or something. Even underground bunkers will help

Going underground is no safer than a boarded up building. Hell, it's probably worse if there are more access points and fewer defendable spots. Either way unless zombies detect motion you're probably good.

A tower would be solid, though. Zombies typically don't climb. Probably safer than in the water since even if zombies don't swim they might be able to float.
---
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." ~ Winston Churchill
(\/)agic (\/)ush |-|yren
#7ZeusPosted 5/28/2012 2:15:12 AM
Malls would also probably be a terrible hideout. Even assuming that nobody is there around the time of the outbreak (which is unlikely, meaning you'd have to clear out the infected/zombies), they're generally poorly defensible positions given the number of entrances, amount of unchecked space, and heavy use of glass. Beyond that you'd have to contend with other survivors with the same bright idea, some of which may already be infected but not yet turned.

General rule of survival is that the mentality always has to be there and what you need should always be at hand. Owning a handgun is great. Having that handgun at your house when you're across town is less great. You'd probably need to set up weapon caches beforehand and ready several locations for a siege. Hell, you could make friends with people in different parts just to have access to their homes in times of emergency =p

Ever notice that just about every zombie film acts like "There just aren't enough bullets!"
I don't buy that at all. We certainly have the means, but then you wouldn't have a movie.

It's probably true, though. Assuming that even only half the population turns you won't have adequate ammo even at gun stores for them, I'd imagine.
---
(\/)agic (\/)ush |-|yren
#8_starcrash64_Posted 5/28/2012 2:36:28 AM
Bullets? Being close enough to any non-reservist military base would solve that. Our military forces have no shortage of ammunition.

Another thing that would matter, is what kind of zombies would we be facing?
The slow, lumbering type or hyper-active zombies?
#9slamdawg9Posted 5/28/2012 7:51:23 AM
Believe it or not, my wife and I (mostly for **** and giggles) have discussed the scenario before.

We're lucky, our house is pretty damn secure. Shatter proof glass on all the doors and windows, and our main entrance (the front door) has no glass at all. It's a steel door, with a deadbolt. It would take a battering ram, literally, to knock that door down.

So..we would just stay put. We would haul several weeks worth of water and food up to the attic, a radio with plenty of spare batteries, and our cell phones. (We have a portable, rechargeable battery pack, for jump-starting cars, among other things, that could keep our cell phones powered for weeks, or even months) Then lift the ladder, barricade ourselves in, and wait it out. Oh, and an ax as well.
---
"Your best, Mr. Keith, is only a maximum of inefficiency." Capt. Queeg, "The Caine Mutiny"
#10PurpleskinrunPosted 5/28/2012 10:59:35 AM
I'd put on medieval plate armour and test my boxing skills against the zombie hordes. (This probably wouldn't work against the 28 days later infected.) Broken wrists here I come!
---
I'm going insane from my anticipation for Lost Planet 3 & EX Troopers!