What's the best new car I can get in the $100k range?

#1GreedoShootsFirstPosted 5/4/2012 7:20:28 AM
I plan on getting a new car later this year, and I'm hard pressed to figure out what exactly it is that I want. Originally I was thinking about a 911, but seeing as how I'm turning 30 (I've yet to get married and have kids), I don't think it'd be the wisest investment for the near future (still strongly considering it, though). I'm not a big fan of the way the GT-R looks, I fear the Corvette's pending redesign, and I haven't done my research on luxury saloons. That being said, I'm open to have my mind changed on the GT-R vs 911 (or anything else) department.

I think the most I can realistically sign for is $110k, and I'd prefer to have a new car. I'll honestly never take these things to the track, but I do enjoy a powerful motor. Any recommendations?
---
[_G_][_F_][_D_][_E_]
#2SunburstPosted 5/4/2012 7:25:46 AM
If it was me, I would just buy a base model vette and save the rest as a nest egg.
---
There can be only one.
#3lubmelubyouPosted 5/4/2012 7:27:54 AM(edited)
Why spend 100k on a car when you are not even sure what you want.

Spending 100k on a car is not a wise investment ever, nevermind a New car.

Wait until a car makes you wet at the sight and thought of it, check that it's in your price range and then go and buy it.

The only reason you would spend 100k on a car is if you really do love the car, or if you want to drop panties.
#4Anarchy_JuiblexPosted 5/4/2012 7:29:48 AM
Why spend 100k on a car when you are not even sure what you want.

I can't *this* hard enough.
Of those 2, GTR.
---
Yes I roll with dealers and my scrill is my priority
***** I roll with killas and these killas have authority.
#5_LunaKight_Posted 5/4/2012 7:34:59 AM
New viper
---
|III|I|||II|||I|III|IIII|||I|
7069014BB943L651
#6McAdamMcPosted 5/4/2012 7:39:32 AM
I'd buy used, something like a Pontiac Aztek
---
"I'm not underweight, its my Stage II Weight Reduction!"
#7PhantomTrollPosted 5/4/2012 7:48:12 AM
Yea, either an aztec or a spec-v
---
ROSB Night Stalker
Gamertag - Reverend And
#8GreedoShootsFirst(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 7:58:05 AM
Well, it's not like I'm getting anything this week, but later in the year, maybe early next year... which is why I posted this now. I'm not looking to spend exclusively $100k, but rather with that given budget... I guess I really did blunder that up in my topic title.
---
[_G_][_F_][_D_][_E_]
#9All StarPosted 5/4/2012 8:27:11 AM
Get a C7 when it comes out. Really though, it sounds like you are buying a car just for the sake of buying a $100k car.

You don't like the looks of the GT-R, but you are considering it, huh?
---
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work, and give to those who would not."
#10Anarchy_JuiblexPosted 5/4/2012 8:36:22 AM(edited)
Buy a Challenger srt8 392.
Beautiful, less expensive, massive engine for highway driving, and depreciation wont f*** you as much as the other vehicles.

Acura NSX maybe?
---
Yes I roll with dealers and my scrill is my priority
***** I roll with killas and these killas have authority.