Anybody play D&D or Pathfinder? I have questions.

#1Slade867Posted 5/9/2011 1:13:41 PM
DMing for the first time, and I'm confused on how to create a shop and populate it with stuff. Is there a system for doing so?
---
We try Lord. We try to keep our heads up in bad times. This is a bad time.
Show us the way. And if you can't show us the way...then forgive us for being lost.
#2ChaosNightPosted 5/10/2011 12:10:23 PM(edited)
3.5 had some rules that dictated shops in larger cities will carry more powerful and wider selection magical items than ones in smaller cities.

http://www.inkwellideas.com/roleplaying_tools/magic_item_shop/

But my DM just let us use AV as the shop's catalog. If you think a certain item is broken, then just houserule it and say it's unavailable.

Or you could take a look at your players' characters and offer some relevant, level-appropriate, magical items for sale.
#3Slade867(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2011 5:17:08 PM
That site is awesome! Is there anything for non magical weaons and armor? Or gear?
---
Show us the way. And if you can't show us the way...then forgive us for being lost.
#4ChaosNightPosted 5/13/2011 6:42:10 PM
No idea. I'd just have all mundane items for sale.
#5Dakota_DevilPosted 5/17/2011 10:22:36 PM
Man, I haven't played D&D since 2nd edition. Miss those days.
---
From way downtown.....BANG!
#6Slade867(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2011 6:32:15 PM
Now I'm wondering about multiclassing. If I'm a level 1 fightr and at level 2 I take a level in barbarian, do I get 2 sp as a base, 4 sp as a base or 6 sp as a base? Every level or just that one? Do I still get a bonus fighter feat? Should I take a fighter level and then wait til level 3 (when I get a feat regardless) to multiclass?
---
#7ChaosNightPosted 5/20/2011 8:47:08 PM
Slade867 posted...
Now I'm wondering about multiclassing. If I'm a level 1 fightr and at level 2 I take a level in barbarian, do I get 2 sp as a base, 4 sp as a base or 6 sp as a base? Every level or just that one? Do I still get a bonus fighter feat? Should I take a fighter level and then wait til level 3 (when I get a feat regardless) to multiclass?

If you took a level in barbarian, you would roll a d12 for hit die, gain 4+int mod skill points, gain +1 BAB, +2 fort save, fast movement class feature, and be able to rage 1/day.

The hit die, number of skill points, BAB, saves, and class features gained per level are determined by what class you gained that level in.

You only gain feats according to character level, not class level. Thus, feats are granted when fighter level + barbarian level = multiple of 3, you gain a feat.

Fighter bonus feats, however, are a class feature, so when you gain fighter levels 1, 2, 4, 6, etc., you do get to choose a fighter bonus feat.

So for non-human Fighter 1/Barbarian 1 = 1 feat + 1 fighter bonus feat
Fighter 1/ Barbarian 2 = 2 feats + 1 fighter bonus feat
Fighter 2/ Barbarian 1 = 2 feats + 2 fighter bonus feats
#8Slade867(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2011 9:06:05 AM
^^Thank you
---
#9Slade867(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2011 9:12:47 PM
I'm trying to find out about the world of Pathfinder, Golarion, but every source I find is so...

I don't want to read a history textbook. I disliked doing that about our actual, real, world. Is there like a cliffnotes version, or a way I can just get the important bits? I don't need to know what happened 5,000 years ago. I'm more intrested in the HUGE events in say, the last decade, and the major events "today". Does what I'm saying make sense?
---
#10ChaosNightPosted 6/4/2011 1:52:37 PM
The campaign setting book has a nice and simple timeline.