Started about five years ago. Any red meat and I'll break out in hives from neck to knee and sometimes get so nauseous I'll dry heave for a half-hour. What makes it so weird, and hard to figure what was happening, is the reaction can occur like five or six hours after I eat. It's different than a regular food-allergy. Never had any issues with allergies before so I was really just baffled. Now I think I know what happened:
My advice is really invest in good bug-spray, keep it in your car, and if you're going in the woods or a grassy-field, just absolutely coat your shoes, socks and calfs. If you look at map of their territory, you see that these little lone star ticks are everywhere. This condition has been awful for me, believe me you don't want it.