Is there a way to install an iheartradio app on the LG 840g tracfone?

#1Im with StupidPosted 5/5/2013 2:47:07 PM
For better or worse, my dad wants to listen to some conservative radio stations at work, but they're on an AM signal that he hasn't been able to pick up with his radio while there.

He has never had a smartphone, but heard about an app called iheartradio that would let him listen to his AM stations once again.

So, he went out and bought a tracfone, the LG 840g, so he could install iheartradio and listen to it from his phone at work.

However, he can't figure out how to install the app, so he asked me to figure it out.

I can't figure it out either though. The phone doesn't seem to have any kind of app store. The iheartradio website has as section to download the app, but I don't think this tracphone uses any version of android, right? So is there no compatible iheartradio app that will work on this phone?

Am I dumb, or is he out of luck and there is no way to install an iheartradio app on the LG 840g tracfone?
---
I'm just watching a bad dream I never wake up from...-Spike
I'll wake you up right now!-Vicious
#2__Cam__Posted 5/8/2013 5:03:46 PM(edited)
That phone doesn't run Android, so it can't install any applications whatsoever. If he switched to MetroPCS or Wal-Mart's Straight Talk, he could get a low-tier Android phone for $40-60, though he'll have to pay extra for mobile data (3G/4G/LTE).
---
Boo.
#3The_DordPosted 5/20/2013 4:47:14 PM
__Cam__ posted...
That phone doesn't run Android, so it can't install any applications whatsoever. If he switched to MetroPCS or Wal-Mart's Straight Talk, he could get a low-tier Android phone for $40-60, though he'll have to pay extra for mobile data (3G/4G/LTE).

That's a tad incorrect on the app part. It can run java apps but there isn't many of those.

I'd go look on howardforums or turkforums if you want more details than I could ever post in one messge.