more similar games

#1youaresleepingPosted 11/7/2008 4:46:13 AM

Can anyone recommend some similar games? - other than the ones already listed in the left hand side of the page.

I really liked this game and I'm hoping to find other adventure games that are as funny (other than monkey island series & grim fandango).

Many thanks

PS: I also really liked the Broken Sword series and Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers.

#2Pako PakoPosted 11/7/2008 8:53:51 PM
Left side of the page?
Is this a Gamespot-only feature?

Have you tried the "Indiana Jones" games?
"King's Quest I-VII"? (Fans have remade the first two games with updated graphics and controls and for free!)
"Sam & Max" (this is a long line of games)

"Tex Murphy" adventures? (Specifically "Martian Memorandum" -- though it takes itself rather seriously)

How about "Psychonauts" on the XBOX? Different kind of game, but made by the same crew as the Monkey Island games.
---
-=PakoPako=-
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
#3youaresleeping(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2008 12:17:11 AM

Thx for the reply.

I'll be sure to check out King's Quest and the Tex Murphy ones.

I only got the 1st episode of Sam&Max but I didn't like it.

Cheers

#4Pako PakoPosted 11/11/2008 7:32:04 AM
Oh and a few more popped into my mind:

Maniac Mansion (fairly old, probably freeware by now; came out on a LOT of consoles)

Day of the Tentacle (sequel to MM)

Runaways (two games in the series; heralded as great but short)

Leisure Suit Larry (mixed bag, adult situations, from the same company as King's Quest for some reason)

I dunno of the Discworld games hit the PC, but they were point-n-click games on the Playstation. (And Wily Beemish was a similar game on the Sega CD.)
---
-=PakoPako=-
#5Pako PakoPosted 11/11/2008 7:32:43 AM
Ah crap, and how can I forget Grim Fandango. Read the reviews on GameFAQs; highly recommended.
---
-=PakoPako=-
#6NjolinPosted 11/20/2008 9:00:06 PM
I gotta recommend the Discworld games, though they may be a little hard to find/install these days.
#7Fandango_LethoPosted 11/23/2008 9:14:09 PM
A Vampyre Story. Best point and click in years. Enough said.
#8HyperFlowPosted 12/4/2008 5:39:59 PM
Sam & Max Hit The Road
Day of the Tentacle
---
"A Quote..? I Don't Quote Anyone But Myself" - HyperFlow
#9ErshinsamaPosted 12/5/2008 6:29:28 PM
Simon the Sorcerer games are entertaining. The world map can be somewhat convoluted though, so I tend to draw them out on paper.
---
That's what Magellan thought!!! Hahahaha...
Oh! Sorry, Cartographer Joke.
#10TerrdPosted 12/7/2008 3:08:57 AM
Hm, I'd have thought Space Quest would have been top of the page, Roger and Guybrush have so much in common. At least no one has lied to you and said 'Jack Keane' that game turned out to be a pile.. then again any game claiming to be 'Monkey Island done right, at last' is destined to suck bad.