Is there a way to 'return' the games you bought back to Steam?

#1krossfirePosted 1/6/2012 12:18:51 PM
I have a couple of games that need to return back bacause I really regretted buying them, and I don't think it's worthwhile to keep it with me.
---
Will not stop whining until a proper SimCity sequel is announced.
#2MEGAMURPosted 1/6/2012 5:12:09 PM
I don't think you can, as far as I'm aware. You buy it, it's yours for good.
---
It's okay. You don't have to type my name in all-caps.
#3King_GheedorahPosted 1/6/2012 11:51:36 PM
If you regret buying them. No.

There would need to be a very good reason (buyer's remorse not being one of them). And if you installed them, then 100% no.

I've heard of refunds happening, but very rarely, and for serious issues only.
#4STG DeathbotPosted 1/18/2012 9:18:29 PM
Which games did you buy?
---
Wolfdale e8400 @ 3.6GHz OC'd | 4GB Mushkin RAM | eVGA GTX 260 896MB VRAM 576/1242/1998 OC'd to 732/1457/2360
#5arleasPosted 1/20/2012 8:44:37 AM
Valve will let you get one refund with a good reason (such as "it doesn't work at all on my computer"). That's about it. Otherwise people would treat it like a rental service... buy a game.... play it till you're bored, return it for full refund... blah.

The only other case I've ever heard where they gave refunds was like when people bought "From Dust" and then discovered there was "always on DRM" instead of just a single check when first started playing...one of those lame Ubisoft moves.

Also I've heard of steam refunding you if you preorder and the game is not yet released and you decided you don't want it... in that case, the game was never installed though.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://www.tf2newbs.com/hlstatsx/sig-31453-random.png
#6SomeMacGuyPosted 1/20/2012 11:51:32 AM
they would never do that
---
Maximum Payload, INFINITY! Currently playing GGPO
#7krossfire(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2012 5:30:14 PM
Which games did you buy?

Bioshock 2. I feel robbed because I need to register to Games for Windows to save.
---
Will not stop whining until a proper SimCity sequel is announced.
#8Liquid WindPosted 1/28/2012 6:04:54 AM
games for windows is basically a virus, they really need to advertise which games require it in a more observable location, really not something you want to be surprised with
#9Teletaz99Posted 2/1/2012 7:50:12 AM
arleas posted...
Valve will let you get one refund with a good reason (such as "it doesn't work at all on my computer"). That's about it. Otherwise people would treat it like a rental service... buy a game.... play it till you're bored, return it for full refund... blah.

The only other case I've ever heard where they gave refunds was like when people bought "From Dust" and then discovered there was "always on DRM" instead of just a single check when first started playing...one of those lame Ubisoft moves.

Also I've heard of steam refunding you if you preorder and the game is not yet released and you decided you don't want it... in that case, the game was never installed though.

That and I belive the 1st week of dead island they allow for full refund do to so many gambreakin glitchs
---
PC-http://steamcommunity.com/id/An-Hero-10
PSP/ Wii/ xbox360- persona 2,mega man power up
#10STG DeathbotPosted 2/5/2012 6:52:38 PM
Teletaz99 posted...
arleas posted...

That and I belive the 1st week of dead island they allow for full refund do to so many gambreakin glitchs

They allowed a refund simply for the fact the developer's version was released instead of the full game. For the people who power-played through to Act 2, they were met with only half the map with a few buildings sending them into a BSOD and the police station was accessible from the start which allowed people to jump to the end of Act 2 simply by walking into the station.
---
Wolfdale e8400 @ 3.6GHz OC'd | 4GB Mushkin RAM | eVGA GTX 260 896MB VRAM 576/1242/1998 OC'd to 732/1457/2360