This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Halo wont start for me anymore...

#1Cyborg1000Posted 10/15/2009 5:57:16 PM
Ok, I've had this game for years, and it's been running great. Now when I click the icon, the screen flickers, then I get a message stating that "Halo did not shut down properly last time it ran and wants to know if I want to run it in safe mode" Ok, I have always exited out of Halo using the main menu and selecting quit or whatever. When I click run in safe mode, the screen flickers again and nothing pops up. Now that I think about it, seems like this all started soon after I downloaded the latest nvidia drivers, that were released earlier this month, October. Anyone else having problems with it if you've DL'ed those drivers? Anyone now what I could do to get it running again?
---
"Sound the Trumpets, Raise the Drawbridge, Drop the Oldsmobile"
Army of Darkness trailer
#2LegendaryJoePosted 10/15/2009 7:54:41 PM
I'm having the EXACT same problem. I also recently updated my nvidia drivers, and the same thing happens to me too, whether in safe mode or not. I haven't found a total fix yet, but I uninstalled the drivers in the control panel, and Halo at least loads now, although it's only a black screen. I'm trying to find a download for an older driver, good to know someone has the same problem and I'm not alone.
#3Cyborg1000(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2009 9:51:40 PM
Really? Give me a heads up if you find a fix, pls.
---
Army of Darkness trailer
#4LegendaryJoePosted 10/16/2009 10:36:41 AM
Uninstalled the new drivers, and installed this one: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_190.62_whql.html

Game works fine now.
#5my_name_is_EdPosted 10/16/2009 3:07:15 PM
I use ATI. Can't help ya.
---
Not changing sig untill "Kiss Me Where It Smells Funny" by Bloodhound Gang is added to RB or GH.
Started 09/08/09
#6Cyborg1000(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2009 9:42:33 PM
How do you uninstall the new drivers?
---
Army of Darkness trailer
#7my_name_is_EdPosted 10/24/2009 10:13:16 PM
Idk how to uninstall up to date drivers. I would try installing older drivers though. Don't take my word for it though. I like expirmenting. My experiments don't usually work >.>
---
Not changing sig untill "Kiss Me Where It Smells Funny" by Bloodhound Gang is added to RB or GH.
Started 09/08/09
#8BowsaaPosted 10/25/2009 7:13:05 AM
I'd try to figure it out for you but:

1. My computer doesn't have Nvidia hardware/chips

2. My computer can't run Halo in the first place.

Just try installing the old drivers, it might delete the new ones for you. If this kills your computer, I suggested it, but never made you do it. Try it at your own risk, but you can't sue me or anything, ok?
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#9my_name_is_EdPosted 10/25/2009 1:24:08 PM
XD
---
Started 09/08/09
#10BowsaaPosted 10/25/2009 3:22:53 PM
I'm personally surprised that my ****heap of a laptop is still running. It ran out of virtual memory while running a Falling Sand Game.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000