I need help finding sources.

#1OJandPlantsPosted 3/28/2012 4:42:29 PM
Now, I'm not asking you guys to do my homework for me so don't get too worked up.

But anyway, I'm looking for scholarly sources because I'm writing a paper on certain American writers but when I search I'm only getting crappy results from things like enotes or wiki sites. Anyone know how I can search better?
#2JPKillaPosted 3/28/2012 4:53:38 PM
Google Scholar is the de facto go-to for that sort of thing. But since yours isn't exactly... scientific, that probably won't help too much. Wikipedia is actually a pretty good place to start. They usually have decent references at the bottom of their articles that you can check out. If you can find biographies on the writers, you can use that biography, as well as whatever sources the author had.

---
The universe may be as great as they say. But it wouldn't be missed if it didn't exist.
#3SSj4WingzeroPosted 3/28/2012 7:30:18 PM
Yeah I was about to say, Wiki is generally a good "gateway source" as I like to call it. The good articles on Wikipedia generally link to more detailed scholarly articles that are very good.

You could also go to a library. As I understand it, any "book" is generally considered a pretty good source.
---
Not changing this sig until the Knicks win an NBA Championship! Started 4/3/2011
#4OJandPlants(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 10:38:51 AM
Thank you guys, using wikipedia's sources have been very good.

I was able to find a good source on my first writer (L.Hughes) now I just need to pick number two...