Knights of the Geek Republic

#171SoBePosted 4/27/2014 1:25:29 PMmessage detail
Usenet? Does that still exist?
---
#172CynicalZealotPosted 4/27/2014 10:05:46 PMmessage detail(edited)
Yes.

So does IRC.

---
"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--- Vyvyan, The Young Ones
#173KorruptorPosted 4/28/2014 4:10:45 AMmessage detail
That gives me the scary feeling that CBS might shut down this site or integrate it to gamespot or giantbomb to save costs soon.
#174Dante_DefiancePosted 4/28/2014 1:22:19 PMmessage detail
https://twitter.com/serafinowicz/status/460490925656268800/photo/1

They got me. Those sons of *****'s got me. I'm officially stoked for the new Star Wars movies. There's just something about seeing Hamill seemingly de-age and get in shape that did it for me.

I haven't given a hot crap about SW for almost a decade (crazy to think about). But I honestly cannot WAIT to see a grizzled old Luke Skywalker train some young Jedi. Maybe it's just morbid curiosity...
---
| \ a n t e
|_/ e f i a n c e
#175ParanoidObsessive(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 4:02:06 PMmessage detail
Yeah, supposedly him and Carrie Fisher are doing crazy ass intensive workouts to drop as much weight as possible so they look good for the movie.

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
#176BlighboyPosted 4/28/2014 4:03:46 PMmessage detail
Finally I'll be able to fantasize about Leia in peace again.
---
http://i.imgur.com/xBxTleK.png
#177Entity13Posted 4/28/2014 4:18:43 PMmessage detail
Let's be honest; we knew they were going to appear somewhere down the line, whether in the actual sequel or in some big news event about the sequel. The weight loss could very well be for show, but we'll see soon enough.
---
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg
#178Dante_DefiancePosted 4/28/2014 4:36:43 PMmessage detail
ParanoidObsessive posted...
Yeah, supposedly him and Carrie Fisher are doing crazy ass intensive workouts to drop as much weight as possible so they look good for the movie.

I'm a pretty big fan of Hamill's (love his voice work) and watch just about any interview he does, and man that dude has let himself age. I mean, it must be absolute hell to have to have to put your body through rigorous exercise in your 60's. Especially since he's been overweight for the last 20 or so years. I'm just trying to throw off a few pounds at 29 years old and I want to die when I finish a set at the gym.

Anyway, as you guys no doubt know:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/300241-zack-snyder-officially-set-to-direct-justice-league

Ugh. I hate to beat a dead horse but, why is WB resting such a giant franchise on this bozo's shoulders? Am I crazy here? Has he done anything of note that wasn't a remake of an established movie or a ****ing shot for shot conversion of a comic book? The people at WB know this is the same guy that wrote and directed Sucker Punch, right?

And poor Superman. Just when you think he's going to get a huge revival; they throw Batman in his sequel. Do they really feel Superman can't carry his own franchise? Superman the Animated Series was 50-odd episodes of absolute gold. Snyder could barely cobble together 2 hours worth of watchable heroics. Zack Snyder acted like he was the worlds biggest Superman fan for like 8 minutes, then crammed every ****ing DC superhero into his next movie.

Is WB really so desperate to catch up to Marvel that they're going to make the worlds most expensive cluster****?

You know what? Actually it COULD work. In a more capable directors hands, you could totally have all these characters be in a single movie, than branch out from there. But Zack Snyder is not that director. He's like 1 small notch above Paul WS Anderson.
---
| \ a n t e
|_/ e f i a n c e
#179SoBePosted 4/29/2014 1:25:05 AMmessage detail
Ugh. I hate to beat a dead horse but, why is WB resting such a giant franchise on this bozo's shoulders? Am I crazy here? Has he done anything of note that wasn't a remake of an established movie or a ****ing shot for shot conversion of a comic book? The people at WB know this is the same guy that wrote and directed Sucker Punch, right?

I liked Sucker Punch.
---
#180ParanoidObsessive(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 5:36:05 AMmessage detail
Blighboy posted...
Finally I'll be able to fantasize about Leia in peace again.

The only downside is that she's still going to have that deep, gruff man-voice she's had for decades now (you could even start to hear it in Return of the Jedi).

Way too much drinking and hard living kind of ruined her vocal cords.

Dante_Defiance posted...
I'm a pretty big fan of Hamill's (love his voice work) and watch just about any interview he does, and man that dude has let himself age.

Well, to be fair, he's been mainly doing voice-over work for the last few decades, so he probably didn't feel the need to keep up the effort.

I mean, voice-over and radio are the two careers where you can go in to work 100lbs overweight and wearing stain-covered sweatpants and a grungy wifebeater, without having showered in like two weeks, and probably no one will say anything. The lack of social pressure probably removes at least some of the motivation to care.

Dante_Defiance posted...
I mean, it must be absolute hell to have to have to put your body through rigorous exercise in your 60's. Especially since he's been overweight for the last 20 or so years. I'm just trying to throw off a few pounds at 29 years old and I want to die when I finish a set at the gym.

He's always been passionate about Star Wars, though. While Harrison Ford's tried to distance himself from it as often as possible and Carrie Fisher seemed to see it in a negative light because she was busy self-destructing while filming it, Hamill's always come across as someone who is proud of his work and enjoyed himself doing it, but who also loves the setting as a whole and is just really into the whole thing.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he had his agent call Disney the day they announced they were making the sequels, asking to be part of it. If not for the fact that he's got a family to support, I could almost see him offering to do it for free.

SoBe posted...
I liked Sucker Punch.

You may be the only one.

The only thing most people liked about that movie was being able to jerk off to it.

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family