Knights of the Geek Republic

#201SoBePosted 5/2/2014 3:46:29 PMmessage detail
Sorry for almost dying PO.

I died once. The experience was overrated.
---
#202shadowsword87Posted 5/2/2014 9:17:36 PMmessage detail
Hey PO, I remember we were talking something about the Wil Wheaton tabletop-thing?
That's happening.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tabletop-season-3-with-wil-wheaton#activity
---
http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/games/1/16/15474/thumb_620x2000/boot.gif
#203CynicalZealotPosted 5/3/2014 4:06:12 AMmessage detail
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/efrem-zimbalist-jr-dead-star-700983

---
"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--- Vyvyan, The Young Ones
#204SoBePosted 5/3/2014 4:33:24 PMmessage detail
Got an eviction notice. I have to be out by the first of June. Not sure when I'll have internet back after the move so if I seem to disappear from the board suddenly that is why.
---
#205Entity13Posted 5/3/2014 5:09:36 PMmessage detail
SoBe posted...
Got an eviction notice. I have to be out by the first of June. Not sure when I'll have internet back after the move so if I seem to disappear from the board suddenly that is why.

Eviction notice? For what? Not paying for your share of ninja henchmen?
---
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg
#206The Wave MasterPosted 5/4/2014 2:42:29 PMmessage detail
I should be able to walk again later this week.

Therapy is going well.

Sorry about your living situation Sobe.
---
We are who we choose to be.
#207SoBePosted 5/5/2014 1:42:49 AMmessage detail
Eviction notice? For what? Not paying for your share of ninja henchmen?

The previous owners had to sell the place to pay for medical bills, and the new owner wants me out. They didn't give a reason.

I should be able to walk again later this week.

Therapy is going well.

That's good to hear.

Sorry about your living situation Sobe.

Thanks Wave. I'm sure things will work out.
---
#208CynicalZealotPosted 5/5/2014 5:59:38 AMmessage detail
Damn it, people. Which one of you murdered a Gypsy and got the Geek threads cursed?

---
"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--- Vyvyan, The Young Ones
#209Dante_DefiancePosted 5/5/2014 5:29:28 PMmessage detail
Anyone want to share their Amazing Spider-Man 2 impressions/review? I want to write up a nice big post about my personal feeling at some point but I'll keep this one short.

The film is getting a lot of mixed reviews, and I can COMPLETELY see the complaints. Xenu knows I have my issues with the movie. However, as a huge Spider-Man fan I came away pleased. Andrew Garfield is a million times better at portraying Spider-Man/Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire ever was. Just....**** man everything about Garfield was better. He has that toned yet gangly physique (which makes the poses he strikes in the air look RIPPED straight out of the comic), his quips are funny and very webhead, and best yet he shows off his passion for science! Really, he's the polar opposite of Maguire's Spider-Man. Who was far too stocky, NOT funny, and mumbled half the time.

I also love Emma Stone SO MUCH more than Kirsten Dunst. I never liked her as Mary Jane and could not understand why Magurie's Spider-Man gave two dog turds about her existence. Garfield and Stone however have a chemistry that is borderline nauseating. Their scenes together are so cute I nearly barfed up a kitten.

I see a lot of hate over how much time the movie spends building up potential sequels. I just don't get that though. I mean, that's just the world we live in now. OF COURSE we're getting more of these movies! You might as well spend sometime setting up the next tale. Plus it's not like Amazing Spidey 2 doesn't tell it's own cohesive story. There's a lot to digest here, and most of it is really good. And like I said, as a huge Spider-Man fan, I absolutely loved it.

I'm not completely blinded by my fandom though. I have my problems with the movie but...they're in spoiler territory so I'll save it for another post. I think my biggest takeaway from ASM2 was that I would totally watch 2 hours of Garfield's Spider-Man just swinging around taking out local thugs. Makes me wish we lived in a world where the same actor plays Spider-Man on TV, solving crimes and taking out small times thugs; which would slowly build up to the big movie event of the summer. This way we could have all those neat, hilarious moments of Spider-Man dominating street punks on TV, and have more screen time in the movie for the villains and other major plot points.

Anyway, tl;dr: 8/10 from this Spider-Fan.
---
| \ a n t e
|_/ e f i a n c e
#210ParanoidObsessive(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2014 6:52:15 AMmessage detail
Dante_Defiance posted...
Anyone want to share their Amazing Spider-Man 2 impressions/review?

My review is that I don't hate myself enough to pay to see it.

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family