---
PotD's resident Film Expert.
#412shadowsword87Posted 6/16/2014 11:10:02 PMmessage detail
It's nine books now?
God damn it George R. R. Martin.
---
http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/games/1/16/15474/thumb_620x2000/boot.gif
#413BlighboyPosted 6/16/2014 11:20:25 PMmessage detail
I was kind of hoping we'd have it end with Catelyn taking Brienne/Pod, and then the next season would have them dicking around as her prisoners, so we'd get more insight into just what Cat thinks she's doing.
---
http://i.imgur.com/5By9seV.jpg
#414ParanoidObsessive(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2014 11:28:30 AMmessage detail(edited)
Blighboy posted...
I was kind of hoping we'd have it end with Catelyn taking Brienne/Pod, and then the next season would have them dicking around as her prisoners, so we'd get more insight into just what Cat thinks she's doing.

HAH.

You didn't even remotely get that in the books.

Based on the books, what you'll actually get is one 15 minutes scene of Brienne getting caught and hung. Then the next time you see her she'll be loose and tricking Jaime.

What we MIGHT get extra is a scene of Beric and Thoros finding her body and bringing her back, rather than simply hearing about it after the fact, but it's possible too much time has passed for that by now.

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
#415BlighboyPosted 6/17/2014 5:58:48 PMmessage detail
ParanoidObsessive posted...
HAH.

You didn't even remotely get that in the books.

I'm well aware.

But what we got in the books kind of sucked ass.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zQOvi6h.png
#416ParanoidObsessive(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2014 9:15:07 AMmessage detail
Ehh, I think the character in question kind of sucks regardless. And I don't necessarily see them wanting to expand on her in the TV show if they can cut her out entirely.

ANYWAY.

Now that Game of Thrones is over for the season, is anybody interested in any of the new shows starting up in the near future? Dominion (tonight on Syfy)? The Strain (July on FX)? Intruders (BBC America)? Defiance coming back for a second season? True Blood coming back for its final season? Something else?

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
#417Entity13Posted 6/19/2014 9:22:21 AMmessage detail
RWBY's second season/volume looks like it'll be better than the first. Better animation quality and effects, longer episodes (allegedly), and so on. That should be good.
---
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg
#418SoBePosted 6/19/2014 8:14:03 PMmessage detail
I've been watching some guy playing Bungie's new game Destiny and it looks like Halo with MMO gimmicks, the environments like Old Russia and the Moon look amazing though I find the weapons to be more boring than in Halo.

I wouldn't be opposed to watching it, but I I really have no interest in playing the game. Even if I were into shooters the persistent online thing would kill it for me.
---
#419CyborgSage00x0Posted 6/19/2014 8:27:05 PMmessage detail(edited)
ParanoidObsessive posted...
Ehh, I think the character in question kind of sucks regardless. And I don't necessarily see them wanting to expand on her in the TV show if they can cut her out entirely.

ANYWAY.

Now that Game of Thrones is over for the season, is anybody interested in any of the new shows starting up in the near future? Dominion (tonight on Syfy)? The Strain (July on FX)? Intruders (BBC America)? Defiance coming back for a second season? True Blood coming back for its final season? Something else?

Not new shows, but only because I'm hilariously behind on pretty much every other good show out there.

On my list so far is:

House of Cards
Sherlock (basically being arm twisted into watching it by some female friends)
The Americans
American Horror story (I saw only 2 episodes of S2, and half of S3)
Catch up with the Walker Dead and Archer
Go back and finally watch Mad Men
I saw the first episode of Fargo, and I'm interested enough to follow it.
Agents of Shield
A few others I'm sure I'm forgetting.
---
PotD's resident Film Expert.
#420CynicalZealotPosted 6/20/2014 11:40:09 AMmessage detail
SoBe posted...
Even if I were into shooters the persistent online thing would kill it for me.

I kind of feel the same way, but I heard one of the developers say something along the lines of you CAN play alone if you want to, so I'm mostly waiting to see how the finished product turns out before making judgements along those lines. It's still a bit difficult to tell how things are going to work.

Though if there IS a "you must always be online" requirement, it WILL annoy me, but I'm not sure it will be a dealbreaker. I'm not even sure I'll be as annoyed by it as I was when Microsoft originally said that the XB1 had to be always online. I know Halo 4 basically requires an active connection to access like half of the functionality of the disc, which annoys me in principle, but which doesn't bother me so much on a visceral level because I usually have an active connection anyway. The only time my Internet connection ever goes out is when my power goes out.

That being said, my biggest concern was to what degree other players can interfere/dick around with your own personal game, since I like doing quests and things on my own (main reason why I only play Borderlands and Dead Island either alone or in split-screen co-op), but with no loot-drop system and no friendly fire, it's more tolerable. And if you can indeed "block off" other players the way you can in both Borderlands and Dead Island, I'd be totally cool with it.

---
"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--- Vyvyan, The Young Ones