Anime/Manga/VN/Osu/JRPG/Related Things Discussion Topic XXXVII

#41agesboyPosted 7/11/2014 11:32:41 AMmessage detail
That_70s_show posted...
EX or HM? I still need to kill Mog EX to get EX >_<. Only two Ex primals I haven't killed yet.

HM, I just started back yesterday. Still haven't cleared titan ex! Although the rest of my static did while I was gone, and I personally was doing fine, so we'll probably easily clear it once I get back on good internet. As of now, the only thing keeping me alive in titan hard mode is knowing exactly when landslides/weights are coming and analyzing where is safe to run ahead of time. I actually got landslided once yesterday playing BLM, the animation started late so I felt the lag, saw titan raise his arm for half a second, then boom. ;-;

I can't do anything requiring reflexes on this internet. I did frontlines just fine though, gonna go check to see how matchmaking was fixed now.

JOExHIGASHI posted...
I just finished fate/stay night

It was very average. Nothing stood out. It had no glaring problems either.

The main problem is had was trying to be all 3 VN arcs while only covering one, so the pacing of the plot twists was wonky as f***. It devolved a great story into an okay one. I really suggest you read the VN, skipping through Fate if you don't feel like reexperiencing that. Fate arc (the arc focusing on Saber as a love interest, Berserker as the main intermediary villain, and Shirou retaining his childish ideals) is pretty much just exposition for Unlimited Blade Works (Rin, Caster as the first villain, and Shirou becoming more of a fighting badass) and Heaven's Feel (Sakura, and an entire inversion of the formula thus far where the war matters way less).

It's just depressing to me if people trudge through Fate and don't get to the part that they were setting everything up for. Shirou becomes an extremely interesting protagonist as you see his world view challenged in different ways and he almost ends up a different person at the end of each arc.

Btw, don't watch the Unlimited Blade Works movie. It's VERY faithful, yeah... but it explains almost nothing. It's 100% fanservice towards people who have read the VN and want to see conversations and fights animated. You won't have any idea why anything is happening. You do get to see the Shirou vs. Archer fight that's teased at in the OP of the last episode of F/SN though (although it doesn't play out entirely like that) >_>
---
http://i.imgur.com/LabbRyN.jpg
raytan and Kana are on opposite ends of the Awesome Spectrum.
#42keyblader1985(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 11:44:10 AMmessage detail
Oh sweet Jesus. An anatomically-correct Zero Suit Samus. I gotta get a picture of this.
---
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#43adjlPosted 7/11/2014 11:45:25 AMmessage detail
keyblader1985 posted...
An anatomically-correct Zero Suit Samus.

There is nothing about this sentence I do not like.
---
This is my signature. It exists to keep people from skipping the last line of my posts.
#44Lazy_NarumiPosted 7/11/2014 11:50:27 AMmessage detail
keyblader1985 posted...
Oh sweet Jesus. An anatomically-correct Zero Suit Samus. I gotta get a picture of this.

Wait the others are not? What makes this different?

Also its not that hard to talk at anime cons. If you go to the game room, panels, or cosplay its easy as hell.
#45keyblader1985(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 12:04:05 PMmessage detail
Man, there are a lot of Shingeki characters here.

Lazy_Narumi posted...
Wait the others are not? What makes this different?

Also its not that hard to talk at anime cons. If you go to the game room, panels, or cosplay its easy as hell.

Would it be better if I said anatomically pleasing?

I will make an effort to talk to people; it would be a shame to let the opportunity go to waste.
---
Official King of PotD
#46adjlPosted 7/11/2014 12:16:05 PMmessage detail
keyblader1985 posted...

Not terribly surprising. It was easily the biggest anime of the past year.
---
This is my signature. It exists to keep people from skipping the last line of my posts.
#47That_70s_showPosted 7/11/2014 12:30:38 PMmessage detail(edited)
keyblader1985 posted...

http://i.imgur.com/K5zB7JM.gif
---
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3571/13952983.jpg
#48Lazy_NarumiPosted 7/11/2014 12:48:58 PMmessage detail
That_70s_show posted...
http://i.imgur.com/K5zB7JM.gif

Hahahaha wut.

@Key Expect more along with GGO cosplays coming up in 2014/2015.
#49keyblader1985(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 1:47:54 PMmessage detail
GGO?

The vendor's room has a lot of stuff, but the prices are preposterous. Old series "discounted" at like $70.

The manga is priced okay at 20% off retail (and I was actually holding off on buying several manga until now). They have a lot of older series too.
---
Official King of PotD
#50agesboyPosted 7/11/2014 1:58:32 PMmessage detail
Gun Gale Online, aka current season of SAO, aka Sinon, aka second best girl
---
http://i.imgur.com/LabbRyN.jpg
raytan and Kana are on opposite ends of the Awesome Spectrum.