Geek Eternal

#171Viking_MudcrapPosted 8/27/2014 12:57:15 PMmessage detail
The fact people call themselves geeks is pathetic.
---
4484-8357-2700
Trainer Name: Saga
#172Raganork10Posted 8/27/2014 3:14:05 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#173CatnipFeverPosted 8/28/2014 11:27:59 AMmessage detail
Why'd you delete it, Kanagaroo?
---
Once you know, you can never go back.
#174Raganork10Posted 8/28/2014 11:56:03 AMmessage detail
Because I was just mad at the moment I posted that because a certain someone was being a certain something. I think I'll just stick to occasionally popping in here instead of posting regularly.
#175SoBePosted 8/28/2014 4:28:27 PMmessage detail
Because I was just mad at the moment I posted that because a certain someone was being a certain something. I think I'll just stick to occasionally popping in here instead of posting regularly.

Was the someone PO, and the something a condescending jerk? You grow accustomed to that given enough time.
---
#176SoBePosted 8/28/2014 4:33:16 PMmessage detail
Like I said in my rant to SoBe earlier, I can actually accept the idea that people don't like the same things I do, so someone saying "I love the card game, it is the best ever!" would at least be a valid reason to me. It might be one I disagree with (and quite strongly disagree with, as well), but at least it's a reason I can point to and go, ahh, yes, okay..

If you love drawing, say so. If you think junctioning is the most brilliant level system ever, own that belief as hard as you can. If you think Squall is the most well-written teenage archetype character ever to appear in a video game (or just really identified with him because you were an awkward teen the first time you played the game), say so. Just, at least, be assertive about what it is you love about it, don't just dismiss negative reviews with really wishy-washy and somewhat vague contraries, then go on to follow it up with a really strong statement that it's "one of the best".

I touched on that earlier with the comment about the junction system removing the need for monotonous leveling, which you of course pissed all over. You don't want me dismissing your view on the game, and that's fine, it shouldn't be. But if you are going to complain about it then don't be hypocritical and do it to me. That's bad form, and a large part of why I didn't really want to get into it.

There's a huge cognitive disconnect there for me. Which is bothering me way more than the fact that SoBe loves FFVIII, which we've known forever and which I honestly don't really care about 99% of the time.

Ironically enough, this isn't even really about FFVIII, and hasn't been. Like I said, I've more or less already accepted we're never going to agree about it. It's part of why I usually only ever bring up Empire/Jedi as a joke and never follow through on it.

Most of this has been me being tweaked by your wording at how you phrased it, and how since then you've adamantly refused to back it up in any way. This didn't need to be about FFVIII, it could have been about almost anything.

I don't love the game. In fact I usually rank it between below average and mediocre in terms of FF games. It just irks me that you trash the game for the sake of picking another fight with me.

And while we're on the subject, the things you said about the music being not being memorable? Not true at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_HxjU8TolU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYDT_Y6Jj5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54r8t_5ayto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV42kmH7zc0

Those are just a few of the good tracks in the game.

Though I'd even be willing to play along and make a list of what I consider FFIV's positives (or wait for you to produce a list of negatives and disagree with them), except you clearly don't want to do that anyway, and I don't even really think that's the issue regardless.

I wouldn't mind that. I think we have only debated the merits of FFIV seriously once, maybe twice before, and it has been a while. At the very least it probably be more productive than going through the motions on FFVIII again. (not that I don't plan to continue that too)
---
#177Raganork10Posted 8/28/2014 4:47:43 PMmessage detail
SoBe posted...

Was the someone PO, and the something a condescending jerk? You grow accustomed to that given enough time.

No, I actually don't mind arguing with PO. There are 2 people that have been touchy lately, and I just got a little bit upset was all. But I'm not talking to them for a while, so all's good. Nothin like holding a grudge to solve my issues :D
#178Raganork10Posted 8/28/2014 5:08:56 PMmessage detail
Anyways, while I'm posting here, I might as well post something not drama-related: now I can get Tales of Hearts R since I now own a Vita! Here's hoping it's better than Graces, though I imagine that wont be hard to pull off. I hear it focuses more on aerial combat, which is a plus, though not being dubbed in English is a minus. Stinking Bamco leaving it up to fans if they prefer subs or dubs. Of course all the *derogatory terms for Japanophiles* prefer Japanese dubs <_<
#179Entity13(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 5:26:45 PMmessage detail
Speaking of Tales, I'm almost done with my third PS3 file of Symphonia. I'm about to make the first of three trips to enemy HQ, which means a certain doctor scene is around the corner, and I'll be able to finish off a bunch of titles for half of my characters.
---
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg
#180Entity13(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2014 5:56:20 PMmessage detail
Ha, next to zero grinding--it's been more like fighting what I had to in order get enemies out of the way or to get a few helpful items--and my characters are already lv 100+ where I'm usually around 50-56 after lots of grinding. Thank you, x10 Exp.
---
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg