Geek Eternal

#91Entity13(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2014 11:47:13 PMmessage detail
Well, it was a sad day. We've lost Robin Williams.

The day before, I had remembered Dead Poet's Society for no apparent reason. Then this happened. Sad day indeed.

R.I.P. Robin Williams, and my condolences to his family (Zelda, et al.,)
---
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg
#92CyborgSage00x0Posted 8/11/2014 11:54:28 PMmessage detail
Whoa! Wave lives! Great news, great news.

Very sad news about Robin Williams, this is probably the first real big celebrity death I've actually really felt crummy about for a while now. It's easy to forget that he suffered through addiction and depression for so long, since his public image was relatively cheery. Truly a shame.
---
PotD's resident Film Expert.
#93SoBePosted 8/12/2014 2:40:43 PMmessage detail
Says the guy who prefers F VIII to IV, or RoJ to Empire. ^_~

And those have nothing to do with the subject at hand. You're only trying to deflect from the issue because you know I'm correct.
---
#94Raganork10Posted 8/12/2014 2:46:19 PMmessage detail
Entity13 posted...
SoBe posted...
I thought about that, but then it'd fall into a reverse example of the Aerith and Bob trope.

Aerith and Bob would be preferable to the Stan Lee alliterative name trope you have going on with some of those.

Says the guy who prefers F VIII to IV, or RoJ to Empire. ^_~

Well, 8 *is* the best, but 4 is a close second.
#95ParanoidObsessivePosted 8/12/2014 2:46:26 PMmessage detail
Alliterative names can work based on context - the more serious a setting, the less characters should fall into that pattern.

That being said, I have an alliterative name in real life, so it's not as if it doesn't happen.

---
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
#96ParanoidObsessivePosted 8/12/2014 2:46:55 PMmessage detail
Raganork10 posted...
Well, 8 *is* the best

Is it Opposite Day already?

---
#97Raganork10Posted 8/12/2014 2:48:54 PMmessage detail
ParanoidObsessive posted...
Raganork10 posted...
Well, 8 *is* the best

Is it Opposite Day already?

Ya know, I would argue, but since I'm a stranger in another land here, I'll just go.
#98BlighboyPosted 8/12/2014 2:59:35 PMmessage detail(edited)
I have an Aerith name IRL. And I've known people with way weirder names than me.

It's not like everyone was named using the same set of generic names.
---
http://i.imgur.com/gkkwiXL.gif
#99ParanoidObsessivePosted 8/12/2014 3:11:08 PMmessage detail
Raganork10 posted...
Ya know, I would argue, but since I'm a stranger in another land here, I'll just go.

Nah, it's just a very, very old argument here, to the point where it's become more of a running joke than anything.

But nothing short of voodoo magic is ever going to convince ME, whether in these topics or in any of the other topics that pop up on PotD about it from time to time, that FFVIII is anything other than the worst FF game ever made, bar none.

(though to be fair, I don't count FFXI in that reckoning because I don't actually consider it an FF game at all, and I don't count any games after FFXII because that's the point where I stopped caring about the series entirely and stopped playing new games - so I have no idea whether, say, FFXIII is great, terrible, or somewhere in-between (though I suspect it's closer to terrible))

To this day, the only video game I've ever played that made me hate it more than FFVIII did was Morrowind.

---
#100KorruptorPosted 8/12/2014 3:44:40 PMmessage detail
FF13 doesn't exist either, I think you were talking about Hallway Simulator 2010 Weeaboo Edition. But yeah FF8 was pretty much a turd except for the card mini-game. My favorite FF was 5.