GameTok with Lok: Talk amongst yourselves while I stare at my backlog

#91Lokarin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 12:26:11 PMmessage detail
Out of rage, I single sessioned all the way to the Earth Crystal - now I'm filling the beastiary
---
This message has been brought to you by salt.
"Salt cures Everything!"
#92TwyliteSprinklePosted 8/17/2014 12:54:18 PMmessage detail
so what game is it you are posting about?
---
TwilightSprinkle<3
http://tinyurl.com/opo43rh
#93Lokarin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 1:07:07 PMmessage detail
Final Fantasy 3 on the Steam... I'm just missing Slime for this part of the beastiary.
---
"Salt cures Everything!"
#94Lokarin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 6:31:27 PMmessage detail
Not sure what I should do with the party: If I should stick with 3 Black Belts, or swap one out for a Knight/Dark Knight to make use of the Ultima Weapon. I'm pretty much already hitting the damage cap with my armed Black Belts, but there's not enough weapon power to gear 3 and their Job Level isn't high enough for Bare Hands to overtake it.
---
"Salt cures Everything!"
#95Lokarin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 9:04:39 PMmessage detail
Part of the FF3 backstory is the adventures of the Dark Warriors, knights who had to bring balance to the world because there was too much light.

I want that, I wanna play THAT.
---
"Salt cures Everything!"
#96Lokarin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 10:08:58 PMmessage detail
There, beat FF3...

Getting to level 90 to do the bonus stuff... ughhhhh, not doing it. I'll save it for later.

Aside: I might be developing a caffeine intolerance; I have been getting night sweats/discomfort/irritability lately, particularly on a coffee day
---
"Salt cures Everything!"
#97Lokarin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2014 10:52:42 PMmessage detail(edited)
Send off: The last 4 achievements in FF3 are Defeat the -bonus boss-, and separately, complete the beastiary (which requires beating the bonus boss >_>), getting to level 99 in a job (which with a fair amount of grind, or sticking to a starting class the whole game, can be done without too much hassle)

...and get to level 99 on all jobs on all characters... NO

For this reason, and because of even more missable junk that I probably was keeping track of at the time and no longer remember... I will not be getting achievements in FF8. My save file is half way through disc 3, so if I WAS getting 100% then there's no way for me to remember what all I was in the process of.

Secondly, one of the achievements is for beating the game at level 1...

Not sure if I even WANT to beat it on PC, already did on console. Especially after beating FF3 in a single session (I new game'd that TODAY), plus all the garbage I had to save over from before, I beat the game essentially 2.4 times - which is 1.8 times too many or something.

So. next... Fortix. These games are fun, it's a portmanteau of Fort and Qix, and it combines the two pretty well.

Front Mission Evolved: I liked it, I kinda wanna play it again.... for achievements. Ok, not ALL of the achievements since there's hard to reach online related achievements that aren't possible because it doesn't online. However, I apparently beat it in only 5 hours so it would be fair for a distraction.

After that, I guess, Frozen Endzo... hey! Where is it? Oh, it got renamed to Frozen Cortex. Ya, Synapse - Cortex, makes sense... but was the phrase "Endzone" copyrighted or something?
---
"Salt cures Everything!"
#98Lokarin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 2:24:24 PMmessage detail
Interjection!

I've been feeling sick lately and it looks like my weight has gone up a bit, I would guess too much coffee but googling my symptoms is too non-specific. (Insomnia, dry mouth, tingling in limbs and symmetrical* tightness in upper chest/collar)

*both sides

Therefor: No PC gaming today, or at least right away. Instead, Wii U and most likely Monster Hunter.

The reason being: Because of the light wireless nature of the control - I can exercise while playing it.

Also exercise, lots of that.
---
"Salt cures Everything!"
#99TwyliteSprinklePosted 8/18/2014 4:33:59 PMmessage detail
Lokarin posted...
After that, I guess, Frozen Endzo... hey! Where is it? Oh, it got renamed to Frozen Cortex. Ya, Synapse - Cortex, makes sense... but was the phrase "Endzone" copyrighted or something?

The creators were tired of people making Friendzone jokes.
Also They felt the word endzone gave connotations for it being your average Football game, guess they wanted to be different.
---
TwilightSprinkle<3
http://tinyurl.com/opo43rh
#100Lokarin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 5:36:15 PMmessage detail
But Friendzone actually sounds kinda cool, it's, like, self-advertising or whatever.

#Facebook: I scored a touch with my bestie #friendzone #yolo
---
"Salt cures Everything!"