Anime/Manga/VN/Osu/JRPG/Related Things Discussion Topic XXXIX

#141That_70s_show(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2014 8:17:03 PMmessage detail
keyblader1985 posted...
Is it sad that I'm more tempted to buy a second 3DS than to get a Wii U?

I mean, I do want a Wii U, but I've known about the new 3DS for less than a day, and I already want it more.

Well, New 3DS won't be out for awhile.

I really want one though. Xenoblade on 3DS sounds amazing.
---
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll10/y3kman/YuuDance.gif
#142keyblader1985Posted 8/29/2014 8:29:35 PMmessage detail
"When I sing, the dead get up and dance, bro."

I already love Azure Striker Gunvolt.
---
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#143T0ffeePosted 8/29/2014 8:33:29 PMmessage detail
Jeez, AZG (Azure Striker Gunvolt) sure is unforgiving when it comes to ranking. >_<

Sure, you can just go through the stage as you like, you get revived and get a power-up if you die, and they even threw in an auto-dodge mechanic, to make things eadier for you. But god help you if you want to get anything higher than a C rank that way.

You literally have to speedrun, skip checkpoints, not get hit EVER, AND kill enemies with style if you want to get S ranks.

Plus, after years of constantly replaying MMZ and slaying things with a saber, it's hard to get used to the new Tag+Shock way of killing baddies.

It's hella fun though. It's good to see some games aren't afraid to keep things challenging.
---
Literally everything blu has ever been proud of is something no one should ever be proud of.
Such is his life. - PO on bluPython being proud of getting sig'd
#144T0ffeePosted 8/29/2014 8:45:02 PMmessage detail
keyblader1985 posted...
"When I sing, the dead get up and dance, bro."

I already love Azure Striker Gunvolt.

See, that's what bugs me about the content cut in AZG.

I'm sure there would have been other funny and quirky lines like that that would have added a lot of personality to the characters if they kept the in-stage chatter.

Ah well, no use complaining about it now; and for what it's worth, the stuff that is still there is pretty good.

Also, just to drive home the point that getting SS rank is insane, check this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82OWEwVXoLQ

O.O
---
Literally everything blu has ever been proud of is something no one should ever be proud of.
Such is his life. - PO on bluPython being proud of getting sig'd
#145Lazy_NarumiPosted 8/29/2014 9:18:25 PMmessage detail
>New 3DS is still region lock.

>Nope.jpg
#146That_70s_show(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2014 11:54:17 PMmessage detail(edited)
Sailor Moon is the worst character in Sailor Moon.

EDIT:

So, are we supposed to pretend that Tuxedo Mask making out with Usagi while she sleeps is not creepy at all, and only the only reason Luna has a problem with it is because he might be a villain?
---
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3571/13952983.jpg
#147keyblader1985Posted 8/30/2014 12:56:42 AMmessage detail
Mamoru (I swear to God, I keep wanting to call him Darien) came off as a total creeper pretty often. Those girls are like, 13; 14 years old, and he can't keep his hands off of them.

Also, autocorrect keeps changing his name to Memory.
---
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#148helIyPosted 8/30/2014 3:08:27 AMmessage detail
keyblader1985 posted...
Is it sad that I'm more tempted to buy a second 3DS than to get a Wii U?

I mean, I do want a Wii U, but I've known about the new 3DS for less than a day, and I already want it more.

realistically, what would you play more?

3ds or wii u?
---
Leader of the Destiny clan: Of The Defiant
get on our level. http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Pending/167393
#149SantanaXIIlPosted 8/30/2014 5:27:07 AMmessage detail
You know, I was considering picking up an original 3DS at some point for Pokemon Sapphire remake, but now that Nintendo is actually making versions of the same generation of hardware than can play games that other versions of the generation can't, I'm just gonna stay away.
---
http://i.imgur.com/71ssNiS.gif
#150I_AbibdePosted 8/31/2014 5:38:20 AMmessage detail
I go a whole day without turning on my PC, and ... things happen. Gunvolt is out, and there is a new 3DS happening. *headscratch* I do agree that offering a Xenoblade port, only to have it run strictly on the new models, is rather poop, and I do not mean the Poop who walks among us.

Got the (true) Tohko ending for Akiba's Trip, and I got all four of the one-idol "good" endings for Neptunia PP. (Strangely, the Neptune route is the sweetest of the four despite Neptune herself being a really dim bulb.) Debating what to do next, but I was reminded that Danganronpa 2 is happening Tuesday, so that might take priority. ... Then again, I picked up Virtue's Last Reward from the bargain bin, too. (And Deception IV, which is swiftly declining in price.)

I have been slacking on the anime front, but the Vita (and work) is largely to blame for that. :-)
---
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.