Will this game be remade in full 3D?

#1MazryonhPosted 12/30/2009 6:56:02 PM
I definitely think it should be, now that gaming technology has matched or exceeded the pre-rendered visions of the Miller Brothers' artistic genius. Being able to fully and freely explore the world of Riven could be quite beautiful in my view as well.

They could definitely stand to fix the "we didn't bother to program in a conversation system, so we'll make it so that the NPCs will only speak to you, not with you, and make the natives either run away from you or speak nonsensical languages" problem as well from the original game. Sometimes it strains the narrative of the game, such as when Catherine says "Gehn still has his followers," you're forced to wonder "WHAT followers?" since you saw neither hide nor hair of their activities or presence throughout the game.

What are your thoughts?
---
In the name of gaming quality, I post this link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhZQEvg1V0Y
#2MEGAMURPosted 12/31/2009 3:42:32 PM
...now that gaming technology has matched or exceeded the pre-rendered visions of the Miller Brothers' artistic genius...

Eh, give it a few more years, I'd say.

It's a shame they couldn't have waited a few more years to develop RealMyst. Something like the DOOM³ engine could've created a practically pixel-perfect remake of the game in full 3D.
---
"Also, I just really can't think of any good ideas."
-Koji Igarashi, Producer of the Castlevania series
#3Hellish FiendPosted 1/5/2010 4:14:46 PM
A 3d remake probably wouldn't be profitable, so it likely wont happen. But boy, would it make my day. Who knows, maybe someday someone will come out with a process that would make full 3d conversions a low-cost low-manpower affair, and we'll see it somewhere down the line.
---
People that have pointed out that they have more karma than me: 1
People that have pointed out that this is a stupid sig: 3
#4CID1Posted 1/6/2010 2:00:15 AM
Whoa, Megamur, now I've seen you on a lot of my 2D boards but to find you on the RIven board, MUCH RESPECT.

Well, I enjoyed Real Myst, it had a fresh feel to it, but Myst was so limiting compared to the rest of the games. URU, while different was needed and still had much of a Myst Feel. End of Ages, really stepped away from the feel of the series. Now I know that the Miller brothers original intention was to be something more along the lines of a freeroam aspect, Myst fans came to love the node system.

If it's on current technology, I'd rather have simply a HD 1080p upgrade with the 360 view Exile spheres rather than a "RealRiven."

When VR finally comes to be a house hold item, then I'll take my "go anywhere, do anything Riven."

Or, if someone would just program Riven for the Eon Reality's iCube..... (btw, with the goggles, that's all in 3D stereoscopy).
http://www.eonreality.com/products_icube.html

---
Freelance Quality Assurance, L.A. | Current contract: Electronic Arts.
The RoS remake => Project AM2R, http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/
More topics from this board...
Sigh...CID1409/15 9:18AM