What's the difference between Pokemon Red and Blue?

#18BitGameing85Posted 8/29/2010 3:26:12 PM
I asked a friend who knows a lot about pokemon, and he said they are the same. I doubt this since if it were true, there would be no point in making 2 games.
#2gjdsjPosted 8/29/2010 4:40:09 PM
The pokemon that you can catch differ depending on the version.

Red Only:
Ekans, Arbok, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Mankey, Primeape, Growlithe, Arcanine, Scyther, Electabuzz

Blue Only:
Sandshrew, Sandslash, Meowth, Persian, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Victreebel, Vulpix, Ninetales, Pinsir, Magmar
#3Fight4themoneyPosted 9/2/2010 12:19:05 PM
Also red is cooler. It has charmander on the cartridge
#4Booij_V2Posted 9/3/2010 7:44:17 AM
Also red is cooler. It has charmander on the cartridge

I feel like a total ass by saying this, but no it doesn't. It obiously has Charizard on the cartridge. You knowm the evolution of Charmeleon, which is the evolution of Charmander, which is the Pokémon you were referring to... you %#$&ing $*%#^&(!@

Uhm.. I do know that you probably meant Charizard. Just sayin'...
---
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool!
#5nerdking44Posted 9/3/2010 8:10:14 AM
I picked Red Version over Blue Version, because I can't pick between red and blue. I automatically pick red if I had to choose between something red or blue....
---
Nerd Power!!
#6chhoukdeanPosted 9/4/2010 12:10:07 AM

nerdking44 posted...
I picked Red Version over Blue Version, because I can't pick between red and blue. I automatically pick red if I had to choose between something red or blue....
---
Nerd Power!!

the hell is you saying. you obviously prefer red if everytime you have to choose between the two you pick red.

#7GunbladeladPosted 9/5/2010 8:36:54 AM
IIRC, the base stats of the "blue exclusive" pokemon tend to be higher than those normally exclusive to red.

However, with the ditto glitch, you can get any of the 151 Pokemon at all.

Ingame, the main differences are the default colour schemes when played on a GBC/GBA, and in the introduction sequence.

In the intro sequence of Red, you see a Gengar fighting a Nidorino. In blue's intro, Nidorino is switched with a Jugglypuff. There's also a different order of Pokemon on the title screen (where you see the trainer)

Out of all the important stuff, such as game engine, and ingame events, the 2 games are 100% identical aside from a few altered encounter rates.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
If you don't have 8 minute lag - you're not doing it right!!!
#8SykoDarksidePosted 9/5/2010 11:05:40 PM

lol what?
---
Future husband of Cassie Steele
http://i34.tinypic.com/2ymyvc4.jpg
#9RobotPetePosted 9/7/2010 1:32:06 AM
gunbladelad77,
That was a very good answer to the question.

I'll add that you don't even realize there is any color until you play the other cartridge and its all a different shade.

2 of the Blue pokemon's "unique" pokemon are considered top-tier competition pokemon, but if you are playing other people you can probably trade for anything...

---
What mean vanquish? Mean eat?
#10GunbladeladPosted 9/7/2010 4:54:00 AM
Most of my answers tend to be pretty good - I've been giving help & advice on the boards on & off for about 10 years.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
If you don't have 8 minute lag - you're not doing it right!!!