DV's?

#1the_neko_acePosted 1/3/2009 5:55:11 PM
What are DV's, how do I get them if they exist or are they some kind of myth that no one can explain?
---
COME BACK KITTY! YOU'RE TOO SMALL TO BE YOURSELF
Town: =n.n= Character Name: Ace FC: 4425-5161-6257 Steam name: Blues777 ask for other fc's, I have other ds
#2GunbladeladPosted 1/4/2009 9:12:00 AM
DVs are hidden values on each pokemon that determine how strong or weak the individual untrained Pokemon is compared to others untrained pokemon of the same species & level.

EVs/Stat Experience are hidden values you get for winning fights and are used to improve stats compared to just using Rare Candies.

Please refer to the sticky topic for more information, and a link to the Legendary dogs site that explains them in greater detail.
---
User is finally online...
#3dswizardPosted 1/5/2009 12:49:32 PM
I like this tool: http://www.psypokes.com/gsc/dv.php

Enter your stats of an untrained just caught pokémon, and it tells you the DVs. DVs range from 0 to F on a hex scale, which is 0 to 15 in denary. 15 is strongest, 0 weakest and they limit the highest stats that particular pokémon can ever achieve. No way of changing DVs of a pokémon, only catching lots of them (or breeding) until the DVs are to your liking.

Only Attack, Defense, Speed and Special have DVs, HP is the last bit of each DV byte put together to form one 4 bit byte ranging from 0 to F. But it does mean chance of a max stat pokémon is 16 x 16 x 16 x 16, not 16^5. 1 in 65536.

In Gold, Silver, Crystal there is more depth involved in breeding and shiny pokémon, but as this is the red board, I'll leave you to research on the legendary dogs site if it interests you.
#4GunbladeladPosted 1/6/2009 11:39:57 AM
All DV calculator utilities apply to both R/B/Y and G/S/C. However, the special split in G/S/C onwards mean that there's ony a few that actually allow you to calculate R/B/Y DVs.

One is on the Legendary Dogs site, and the other is Jolt's PKutility (The link is in the Sticky topic, although it does need Microsoft Excel to work)
---
User is finally online...