Rhydon or Nidoking?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Red Version
  3. Rhydon or Nidoking?
7 years ago#1
I'm going to my Earthquake and Rock Slide TMs on one of them.
I know Rhydon is better but his speed makes me >__< and I'm at Celadon (not Safari Zone just yet).
And I'd teach Nido Ice Beam if I use him (don't worry I'm going to have Articuno and I'm teaching Gyarados Blizzard).

And it's for ingame (lol).
Get a beastly Nidoking now or wait for a more beastly Rhydon? What would you do?
"Those who have faced death know that seeing a falcon punch thrown by Gojit with the body of Bruce Lee is a life changing thing..." yeee ~ Hezablak
7 years ago#2
Whatever you like. YEEEEEEE
"My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt." Chuck Nevitt.
7 years ago#3
Grounds are for Electrics which are always faster anyway, except for Dugtrio, except for Jolteon/Electrode.
7 years ago#4
For ingame you should probably have neither.

Really all you want is pokemon with high speeds and specials so you can get 1 hit KOs against the elite 4. Pretty much all you need is:

Kadabra/Alakazam (with psychic)
Articuno (Lvl 51 will suffice)
Jolteon/Zapdos (With Tbolt)
Random pokemon with fireblast
Random water type with surf
7 years ago#5
^ you can solo the elite 4 with Blastoise. So..... all you really need is a Blastoise.
7 years ago#6
AWW YEE xD

O lawdy ppl, I'm doing this for fun.
You were just supposed to choose one of them <__<

Ima use Rhydon hyesz
"Those who have faced death know that seeing a falcon punch thrown by Gojit with the body of Bruce Lee is a life changing thing..." yeee ~ Hezablak
7 years ago#7
Oops. Sorry, the ghost off of topic posting got me.
7 years ago#8
Neither really matters.

If I had to choose one, Rhydon, as it gets STAB on both Earthquake and Rock Slide, and both of those use its very high attack stat.

Also: The entire game can be ran from start to end with no more than 3 Pokemon caught in the 'dex.

(Starter, Magikarp/Gyarados OR Starter, Abra, Mew (via Mew Glitch))

(No-one would waste a legit event Mew for a 2 Pokemon finish. And you'd need a 3rd Pokemon to trade it in anyways.)
Allan's the name, ArtMoney and Guitar Hero's the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Red Version
  3. Rhydon or Nidoking?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived