I'm stuck on the first damn puzzle

#1Robot2600Posted 7/2/2008 5:51:25 AM
Can't figure out how to get the princess down.... I feel really dumb playing this game.

Dont tell me, I want to figure it out.
---
8-Bit City: An Independent Video Game Blog
http://8bitcity.blogspot.com
#2Jim Bob 3000Posted 7/2/2008 9:24:52 AM
lol the whole game won't be so bad
there were plenty of dumbass places where I was somehow stumped like some slackjawed idiot until I figured it out
you'll blow through some puzzles that should've been difficult and it'll make you feel really cool (to make up for it)
---
Save a Ninja, Kill a Zaku
#3Robot2600(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2008 10:00:36 AM
I looked it up. I feel so cheap, but

*SPOILERS*

I had already tried jumping up through a window and it didn't work. I must have done something wrong, but I was just completely stumped. I spent and hour trying to jump over the gate, find a hidden switch, push a loose brick, jump off the chain, swing on the chain, climb down the staircase using my hands on the outside and jumping over the gate, exploring the "other ladder" in the room... pushing statues, jumping into statues, everything.

It was either look up the puzzle or never play the game. But, here, I make a pledge.

I, Heronblade, do hereby declare under penalty of having all of my gaming credentials revoked that I will not look up the answer to another puzzle in ICO in an FAQ. With all gods, deities, and spacegods as my witnesses.
---
8-Bit City: An Independent Video Game Blog
http://8bitcity.blogspot.com
#4Echo738Posted 7/8/2008 1:29:54 PM
Then as a general tip to save you from a little frustration, you can't always take Yorda with you. If you get stuck, trying going by yourself.
---
To-Too-Two, For-Four, Your-You're, There-Their-They're
DO IT RIGHT
#5AreazPosted 7/17/2008 11:13:29 PM
My single greatest tip? I guess it's a tie between "All solutions are hidden in plain sight" and "Dont under-estimate how many things you can pull Yorda up... feel stug? Tug her ass up there!"