This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Diablo Battle Chest (new version)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
  3. Diablo Battle Chest (new version)
5 years ago#1
Anyone heard of the 30 dollar new battle chest? Is it like the SC battle chest where they just shrink the guides? I remember My second battle chest from SC was like that in comparison to the first.

Also, could somone please explain the online mode in diablo 2 and how it differs from offline play and why people play it? I can never seem to get a strait (non sarcastic ) awnser.

---
Ya, Im the guy who used trig to prove the Black Comet was far bigger than the Ark. There is now proof that Shadow's Chaos Control cant be rivaled by Sonic's.
5 years ago#2
PS: D2 and D1 Work on windows 7, right?

Thx :d
---
Ya, Im the guy who used trig to prove the Black Comet was far bigger than the Ark. There is now proof that Shadow's Chaos Control cant be rivaled by Sonic's.
5 years ago#3
Well with online you have the opportunity for more runewords if you play on ladder, and Diablo 2 works on Windows 7, but if you want to play on battle.net you have to run as admin( for me at least)
---
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein
5 years ago#4
i wouldn't buy the battle chest unless its cheaper than buying D2 and LoD seperate or you really want the guides and D1.
Also, there is the special events that you can get like the keys for ubers and diablo clone for online only unless you want to mod the game as well.
---
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." -- Albert Einstein
5 years ago#5
I heard a lot of issues with running D2 for windows 7, but most of the time you can set the compatibility back to windows xp ('sp2 or sp3). This link below should help you out. Keep in mind, there are 'some' cases where it couldn't run at all, and since the game comes with a CD-Key, you probably can't return it.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=18570235855&sid=3000

I am not sure about D1. The only problems I heard about D1 was issues running it on vista.
---
Moral #5: Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy, but socially dead.
5 years ago#6
You actually pay a penny more for the bchest than buying them separately ;)

D2 - 19.99
LOD - 19.99
Total - 39.98

BChest - 39.99
5 years ago#7
I picked up the BattleChest about a week ago, no regrets. Been years since ive played Diablo 2 and its great being able to run through again.. although i missed out on playing online last time (only ever played single player and on LAN).. playing on b.net is great.
5 years ago#8
Werent battle chests like 20$? I've lost so many sets of keys and had to buy the game over and over and I remember the chests being 20$ at walmart.
5 years ago#9
Battlechests in my area have never gone less than 35$. But its still cheaper than buying them both separately.
---
Coffee? Heh...isn't my cup of tea - Scooter
5 years ago#10
I could have sworn I bought the Diablo Battle Chest at WalMart for 20 bucks years ago. But maybe I'm crazy. I also picked up the War3 chest.
---
Not changing this signature until Xenoblade is released in North America (started 6/19/10)
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
  3. Diablo Battle Chest (new version)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived