This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best place to farm HR's?

#1UncleJimPosted 5/16/2011 2:12:33 PM
I have been running countess a lot to try and get stuff like Pul, Mal, Ist. What is the best place to run to try and get HR's? Like Vex+?
---
From: liquidus44 | Posted: 7/6/2006 4:28:44 PM | Message Detail
Misanthrope? Is that like a female werewolf?
#2TravelingJackPosted 5/16/2011 2:14:13 PM
Just killing lots of high-level enemies. I've found high runes from the Pit, super chests in Lower Kurast, Pindleskin, and Wordlstone Keep.
---
http://i54.tinypic.com/5lpf2c.jpg
#3UncleJim(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2011 2:20:44 PM
Would my time be better spend running the pit rather than countess?
---
From: liquidus44 | Posted: 7/6/2006 4:28:44 PM | Message Detail
Misanthrope? Is that like a female werewolf?
#4TravelingJackPosted 5/16/2011 2:22:15 PM
For high runes? Definitely. She can only drop up to Ist as her special rune drop, and up to Lo like a normal enemy, which is to say, extremely rarely.
---
http://i54.tinypic.com/5lpf2c.jpg
#5ChickenMcTestPosted 5/16/2011 5:45:31 PM
I would say the chests in lower kurrast especially if you get a good map going.
#6EvelSaiyanPosted 5/17/2011 9:13:21 AM
Lower Kurast super chests are really quick and easy to get to - so that's a good option.

Pit and Chaos are two of the most common HR places.

Also countess is worth it because you get a rune every time, and if you wanted to spend the time cubing them you can bump them up that way. It takes you forever to cube to decent runes and it takes up a ton of inventory space, but it's an option.
---
I was hiding under your porch because I love you.
#7ximausPosted 5/17/2011 9:58:11 AM
Chaos is probably the best place.

Technically, the "ghost" enemies in the Tombs have the highest chance of dropping a rune but I'd recommend just running as much as you can. Run Chaos, Countess, Meph, Trav, Lower Kurast, Slayer Dungeon, etc.

I've found one in Chaos, on a random drop in the River of Flame, and even from a furry bear monster in Dark Wood. You'll find it when/if you find it; there's really no "best" place. Just kill as many enemies as you can and make sure you are on Hell difficulty with as many players as you can get by with.
---
The cake was never a lie, it was just poisoned.
#8ZeratulthekingPosted 5/17/2011 11:13:21 AM
EvelSaiyan posted...
Lower Kurast super chests are really quick and easy to get to - so that's a good option.

Pit and Chaos are two of the most common HR places.

Also countess is worth it because you get a rune every time, and if you wanted to spend the time cubing them you can bump them up that way. It takes you forever to cube to decent runes and it takes up a ton of inventory space, but it's an option.

Technically yes. But it takes lots of low level runes to do so. That and usually you can trade the mid runes for better runes at less than what you would need to cube them up at. like 40 rals for ist is fairly common, but you would have to be on b.net not SP not sure which you are on.
#9samuricexPosted 5/17/2011 2:04:07 PM
Don't forget there's always forge running if you can stand it... of course it's a big risk because you could possibly get three lousy runes.

Personally I like Hell cows, but that's just me. Have found more HR's there than anywhere else so far but that's probably because I farm there a lot. Lower Kurast chests are #2 for me with The Pits at #3.
---
"Revving up the Harley! Vroom! Vroom!"
#10idrumtomuchPosted 5/17/2011 3:46:09 PM
d2legit.com