Is there anywhere better than Hell Mephisto to find a Harlequin Crest Shako?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
  3. Is there anywhere better than Hell Mephisto to find a Harlequin Crest Shako?

User Info: rking

rking
8 years ago#1
I have about 500% MF and have made over 150 Hell Mephisto runs and have yet to find one. ATMA says the chances are 1:684, which doesn't seem like that much. In the process I've found a number of nice unique items, most recently a Herald Of Zakarum Gilded Shield (I tried a Hammerdin, didn't feel right. Any other good single-player Paladins to use this shield for?). Am I just going to have to keep trying, or is there anywhere more likely to drop one or easier to run? Is there a better helmet for a Sorceress I should be looking for? Is there another helmet I could use for a Sorceress that'd be easier to find? Thanks for any info.
AllOutOf.Info - BETA SNES battery replacement guide with pictures!
I play D2:LoD OFFLINE, not online.

User Info: cosmicat

cosmicat
8 years ago#2
1:684 means you'd get one in 684 runs if you're lucky, not 150.

User Info: Badphish07

Badphish07
8 years ago#3
try a 3 socket helm w Ptopaz untill you get shako.

i use full tals for the bonuses then when i get to boss i switch to shako / gull / ryme

as for the drop ratio i duno. ive never had a shako drop and ive been playing this game on and off for years.

rking
8 years ago#4
I know that, however it could drop in 1 run. I've found items that ATMA gives 1:1500 or more odds on in the time I've been searching, I was just hoping...dunno what I was hoping actually. Either way, is there another helmet that'd do alright, but be easier to come by?

rking
8 years ago#5
I'm trying to put together a non-MF Sorceress to play through the game, my MF Sorceress already has a 3 P.Topaz helmet.

User Info: Duomaxwell42

Duomaxwell42
8 years ago#6
I personally have found many shakos, but I run hell Countess, Andy, Meph, Eldritch, Shenk, Pindle and Baal in each run in 5-10 minutes. Thats really your best bet is to farm more than just one place if you have a build that can do it.
Diablo 2 USEast/HC/L acct *BoiWonder

User Info: hkd_flip_ty

hkd_flip_ty
8 years ago#7
i've gotten 2 shako 2 within 100 runs of each other...
not changing until diablo 3 is announced 11-2-07
Proud fan of the rainbow haired warrior Jeff Hardy

User Info: zero_xz

zero_xz
8 years ago#8
The ground

User Info: XxLobxX

XxLobxX
8 years ago#9
i found a 120 shako in chaos runs

User Info: cosmicat

cosmicat
8 years ago#10
Theoretically you could have 3 drop in 3 consecutive runs. It's just REALLY unlikely. I've never seen one drop. I always had to trade for one -- and I never had the good luck of finding a good trade either (I read/heard they were worth a Pul or an Um on Ladder depending on quality -- but I always had to pay out the ass to get anyone to sell me one. Even friends, though I only had one friend that owned a Shako. And he needed it too, so I can't really blame him. But still, it seems like this board underestimates the pricey-ness of a lot of "essential" equipment. "Oh, yeah, just make a Lightning Sorceress as your first character, then farm Hell Mephisto when you get to him. It should be easy since Infinity is so cheap.")
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
  3. Is there anywhere better than Hell Mephisto to find a Harlequin Crest Shako?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived