This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there anywhere better than Hell Mephisto to find a Harlequin Crest Shako?

#1rkingPosted 1/30/2008 6:18:19 PM
I have about 500% MF and have made over 150 Hell Mephisto runs and have yet to find one. ATMA says the chances are 1:684, which doesn't seem like that much. In the process I've found a number of nice unique items, most recently a Herald Of Zakarum Gilded Shield (I tried a Hammerdin, didn't feel right. Any other good single-player Paladins to use this shield for?). Am I just going to have to keep trying, or is there anywhere more likely to drop one or easier to run? Is there a better helmet for a Sorceress I should be looking for? Is there another helmet I could use for a Sorceress that'd be easier to find? Thanks for any info.

---
AllOutOf.Info - BETA SNES battery replacement guide with pictures!
I play D2:LoD OFFLINE, not online.
#2cosmicatPosted 1/30/2008 6:23:17 PM
1:684 means you'd get one in 684 runs if you're lucky, not 150.
#3Badphish07Posted 1/30/2008 6:24:03 PM
try a 3 socket helm w Ptopaz untill you get shako.

i use full tals for the bonuses then when i get to boss i switch to shako / gull / ryme

as for the drop ratio i duno. ive never had a shako drop and ive been playing this game on and off for years.
#4rking(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2008 6:26:50 PM
I know that, however it could drop in 1 run. I've found items that ATMA gives 1:1500 or more odds on in the time I've been searching, I was just hoping...dunno what I was hoping actually. Either way, is there another helmet that'd do alright, but be easier to come by?
---
#5rking(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2008 6:32:11 PM
I'm trying to put together a non-MF Sorceress to play through the game, my MF Sorceress already has a 3 P.Topaz helmet.
---
#6Duomaxwell42Posted 1/30/2008 6:56:28 PM
I personally have found many shakos, but I run hell Countess, Andy, Meph, Eldritch, Shenk, Pindle and Baal in each run in 5-10 minutes. Thats really your best bet is to farm more than just one place if you have a build that can do it.
---
Diablo 2 USEast/HC/L acct *BoiWonder
#7hkd_flip_tyPosted 1/30/2008 7:12:14 PM
i've gotten 2 shako 2 within 100 runs of each other...
---
not changing until diablo 3 is announced 11-2-07
Proud fan of the rainbow haired warrior Jeff Hardy
#8zero_xzPosted 1/30/2008 7:15:14 PM
The ground
#9XxLobxXPosted 1/30/2008 7:30:31 PM
i found a 120 shako in chaos runs
#10cosmicatPosted 1/30/2008 7:54:55 PM
Theoretically you could have 3 drop in 3 consecutive runs. It's just REALLY unlikely. I've never seen one drop. I always had to trade for one -- and I never had the good luck of finding a good trade either (I read/heard they were worth a Pul or an Um on Ladder depending on quality -- but I always had to pay out the ass to get anyone to sell me one. Even friends, though I only had one friend that owned a Shako. And he needed it too, so I can't really blame him. But still, it seems like this board underestimates the pricey-ness of a lot of "essential" equipment. "Oh, yeah, just make a Lightning Sorceress as your first character, then farm Hell Mephisto when you get to him. It should be easy since Infinity is so cheap.")