This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Werewolf vs. Werebear

#1Prometheus08Posted 6/4/2008 8:17:01 AM
I'm new to the game and i want to start a druid but i don't know whether i should go with the werewolf or the werebear. I just want to know the pros and cons of each one thanks.
#2SulphasePosted 6/4/2008 8:20:01 AM
Wolf, bear takes good equipment, which you probably don't have starting out.
---
Mains: Meta Knight, Falco, Snake
Secondaries: Olimar, Zelda, ZSS, Lucario
#3JvstmPosted 6/4/2008 8:46:39 AM
Bears don't die.

---
"Thanks to Jvstm this topic is full of win; ALL HAIL Jvstm!!" - SonOfMowgef
"Thx, you're my Idol" - Turk_Z
#4destructoclausPosted 6/4/2008 8:54:07 AM
^^ Bears are really easy to kill....
---
Pinkwood: Or at least let people choose sex and race
xm snake: I choose sex, when do we race?
#5GTTFOSPosted 6/4/2008 9:12:25 AM
Not shark bears.
you ever killed a shark bear?
yeah, didn't think so.

On topic: both have their merits, and both can perform well.
Werebears tend to be more effective with Hunger and Fire Claws (there are specific builds which maximize these skills to their fullest potential) while Wolves tend to be better with Rabies.
Of course, they both use their form-specific moves (shockwave and maul for bears, feral and fury for wolves) effectively as well

PvP-wise, I've typically seen werebears do better from a competitive standpoint
PvM-wise, both have potential to rock the house or stink it up, depending on the build and the player
---
I still care about your opinion.
draw pictures on your wrists with razorblades - Rock
#6GarquillPosted 6/4/2008 10:47:33 AM
I say werebear is better in most ways.
---
Currently Playing: Guild Wars, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Castlevania
#7RubiksGeniusPosted 6/4/2008 11:32:31 AM

GTTFOS posted...
Not shark bears.

Werebears tend to be more effective with Hunger and Fire Claws (there are specific builds which maximize these skills to their fullest potential) while Wolves tend to be better with Rabies.
Of course, they both use their form-specific moves (shockwave and maul for bears, feral and fury for wolves) effectively as well

PvP-wise, I've typically seen werebears do better from a competitive standpoint
PvM-wise, both have potential to rock the house or stink it up, depending on the build and the player
]

Rabies is also a wolf specific move... And you think bears perform better pvp? Wolfs do MUCH better pvp. The wolf skill gives IAS which is important to a shifter as only weapon IAS is factored into their attack speed. Wolf also gets a BUNCH of AR which is one of the most important things in dueling, especially mellee. And I know, bears get damage. But then you look at fury, it gains much more damage than maul does. So lets compare a worlf at level 20 to a bear at level 20 using respective skills and lycan.

Wolf:

IAS-68%

AR-518%

Max Life- 140%

Damage- 423%

Defense- 0

Bear:

IAS- 0

Attack rating- 210%

Max life - 165

Damage- 443 (on 3rd charge of maul)

Defense- 120%

IMO the 120% is not worth the extra attack rating and speed of the wolf. Fury also has 5 so the last 4 even take less frames to complete, making them even faster. You can judge for yourself which you would like better though by the above stats, just my 2 cents.

#8GarquillPosted 6/4/2008 2:29:34 PM
Fire Claws + 120%IAS weapon
---
Currently Playing: Guild Wars, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Castlevania
#9GTTFOSPosted 6/4/2008 2:32:37 PM
Firebears and Shockbears can actually compete in palapk. wolves split 50/50 with half-decent palas and just get tore up vs elite ones.

so yeah, i'll stick by my assessment.
---
I still care about your opinion.
draw pictures on your wrists with razorblades - Rock
#10mjang3Posted 6/4/2008 3:29:49 PM
wolf
pros:
attack faster ias bonus, more werewolf specific skills to choose from.

cons less life than werebear, no defense bonus

werebear:
pros gains defense bonus and higher life bonus

cons less vareity of werebear only specific skills, no ias bonus

From what I can see ias matters a lot in shift vs shift duel. werebears lack speedm they have def and higher lfie bonus instead. But have you tried rabies? and fury? very effective 2 skills for wolves. Fury hits incredibly fast it can hit 5/sec if you have the right wepon. rabies does insane amounts of dmg very fast with the rigth gear.

in a shift vs shift figt werewolf hands down.