This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Act 2 Merc Auras!

#1NazenwrathPosted 6/19/2008 11:07:53 AM
Don't you guys find it a little boring that act 2 mercs in hell have the same aura selection as those in normal?

IMO it should be like:

Combat: Fanaticism
Offensive: Conviction
Defensive: Meditation / Salvation

but I'm just dreaming
#2gorroXXIIPosted 6/19/2008 11:38:21 AM
You are dreaming, but that would be something different.
---
\"In wine there is wisdom. In bier there is strength. In water there is bacteria.\" German Proverb
#3ximausPosted 6/19/2008 11:40:05 AM
While Fanaticism is somewhat believable, Conviction and Meditation/Salvation are just far too overpowered. If anything they need to add Act 4 mercs or power up the other mercs since Act 2 mercs are overpowered enough as is.
---
~Solitary Island is pretty depressing, even the monsters on it have no will to live~
#4Corpse_Milk_ManPosted 6/19/2008 12:35:22 PM
Act 4 mercs are failed logic, since nobody other than Jamella or Halbu could possibly help you there (angels as mercenaries would be a stupid idea). But yeah. Act5 mercs are just unneeded, mostly insignificant, and Act3 mercs are weak. They need more damage simply. Act1 merc is quite used tho.
---
I told you.
#5Nazenwrath(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2008 12:49:12 PM
Yeah... like giving act 1 mercs multishot, act 3 mercs meteor/cl/orb and have + skills work, act 5 mercs dual wield and use berserk or something like that

I personally wouldn't think having angels as mercs would be a bad idea... with all these evil around it makes them look bad with humans doing all the work and they can't do crap.
#6InTheEyesOfFirePosted 6/19/2008 3:08:23 PM
Ha, conviction would be great, but will never happen.
---
"Let's attack aggressively."
#7FenriradramelkPosted 6/19/2008 3:16:35 PM
and Act3 mercs are weak
Stacked Dual Dream Merc anyone?
---
Adramelk - 70 Druid @ Kilrogg;; Bleedthrough - 70 Shaman @ Kilrogg;; Casualty - 64 Priest @ Kilrogg
#8ximausPosted 6/20/2008 10:15:16 AM
Act 4 mercs are failed logic, since nobody other than Jamella or Halbu could possibly help you there (angels as mercenaries would be a stupid idea).

And since neither Jamella nor Halbu are angels I fail to see how there could not be mercs. Quite clearly if some humans have set up shop there, it is no too far fetched to have mercs.
---
~Solitary Island is pretty depressing, even the monsters on it have no will to live~
#9JvstmPosted 6/20/2008 2:18:06 PM
I want to see the Warriors from the original Diablo be a hireling.

As for act 2 mercs being overpowered - L-O-FREAKING-L!!!!!!112!1

Act 2 mercs are only good when you have Teleport and high end runewords to add Conviction or Concentration. If you don't have either, then they suck hard. Their AI rivals those of Goombas from the original Mario Brothers.
---
"Thanks to Jvstm this topic is full of win; ALL HAIL Jvstm!!" - SonOfMowgef
"Thx, you're my Idol" - Turk_Z
#10Corpse_Milk_ManPosted 6/20/2008 2:50:48 PM
Act 4 mercs are failed logic, since nobody other than Jamella or Halbu could possibly help you there (angels as mercenaries would be a stupid idea).

And since neither Jamella nor Halbu are angels I fail to see how there could not be mercs. Quite clearly if some humans have set up shop there, it is no too far fetched to have mercs.

Oh yes it is. Jamella and Halbu aren't living creatures anyways, they're spirits with the look, feel etc. of a human. And there are only two of them, unlike with the other acts you don't see random strangers wandering around. As for whoever said angels could be mercs, angels are way too holy, and it wouldn't make sense for them to require gold anyway. Or anything else from the mortal realm for that matter. Act 4 mercs = NO.
---
I told you.