This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want a 1.12 Barbarian that can solo Hell...

#1Kuroneko samaPosted 7/30/2008 2:55:36 PM
Well its been a couple of years since I've played D2 now and I've obviously lost my old account and all of my stuff. So I figured with the new D3 hype and everything I'd pop in the 'ol D2 CDs and have a go at it again. I'm thinking I want to play a Barbarian but I can see the difficulty in being able to solo Hell difficulty.

Can anyone give me a skill spec that I can use to do this?

Also, what should my ideal number of points in Strength be? What about Dexterity if I want to max block? Obviously no points in Energy and max Vitality as much as possible...

Thanks, guys. :)
---
~Neko Official GameFAQs Armored Core Tank Girl ^-^
#2CanIseeYouPeePosted 7/30/2008 3:04:26 PM
Well its been a couple of years since I've played D2 now and I've obviously lost my old account and all of my stuff. So I figured with the new D3 hype and everything I'd pop in the 'ol D2 CDs and have a go at it again. I'm thinking I want to play a Barbarian but I can see the difficulty in being able to solo Hell difficulty.

Can anyone give me a skill spec that I can use to do this?

Also, what should my ideal number of points in Strength be? What about Dexterity if I want to max block? Obviously no points in Energy and max Vitality as much as possible...

Thanks, guys. :)

Concentration barb can solo hell easily. Make sure to have one point into berserk to solo chaos. Strenght should be extremely low. Dex enough for max block with ss probably. Using a torch with anni with an enigma should take char all strenght trouble. the rest vit.
#3iNeutralPosted 7/30/2008 3:23:26 PM
The best Barbarian to solo hell on Welfare...this invoked a lot of thought.

I think the best way to accomplish this mammoth task would have to be a Paladin.
---
Fox is used the most in tournaments. Now, players have three options to play as Fox while looking different!-Link43130
#4NethusPosted 7/30/2008 3:53:01 PM
I'd also like to know some builds that would do well in hell as a barbarian - i've made a Mace barbarian up to 23, but then I wound up putting some points into double swing and I feel I should start over.

Any advice for a good beginner build for Barbarians?
---
CHEAP!!! CHEAP!!! (The mating call of the tweety bird, or Newbie, as it is commonly called.)
#5rkingPosted 7/30/2008 3:56:28 PM
ShAdOwS TwIn, shut up. Please.
---
I play D2:LoD OFFLINE.
Spellcheck is a gift, embrace it!
#6ExplopyroPosted 7/30/2008 3:57:03 PM
I'd recommend Canis Major, but I'm biased... I posted quite a bit about it here:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=370600&topic=44578483

The recommended items aren't nearly as high-end as many will recommend for other builds, and it's quite possible to solo players 8 Hell with it... I did, with the exact setup described there, and I also soloed Ubers with him (admittedly in PlugY SP).
---
I know the answer... what was the question again?
ACWW: Name: Explopyr, Town: Pyrotech, 0773-8595-5747
#7AtmosOmegaPosted 7/30/2008 4:05:08 PM
I'm soloing Hell right now with a thrower barb, and it is quite doable but it probably won't be enough to take ubers or Chaos Tristram without the usual laundry list of boring, but "best" equipment.

Might I add that I didn't need any rushes, Anni or Torch to accomplish this? >_<
---
"[P]hlegm of justice, to getting interest, square cushion!" ~Gunkatana. Another casualty in the War On English.
#8Kuroneko sama(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2008 5:51:21 PM
Canis Major sounds really interesting.

This can effectively solo Hell and is fun to play? (I imagine a Werebear Barbarian would be fun.)
---
~Neko Official GameFAQs Armored Core Tank Girl ^-^
#9AoDAzraelPosted 7/30/2008 5:59:00 PM
A Conc barb can probably get the job done reasonably well.

A lot of diff chars can solo hell, some just take more time than others.

If you're playing on Realms, decent gear shouldn't be all that hard to acquire, either. For example, Arreats helm, a wide range of different armors, Pdiamond Stormshield, etc. will probably take you a loong way. Basically all you need to do is keep your resists high and then try to keep physical damage and life leech as high as you can and you're probably set. If you can't afford a torch or anni, the hardest part will probably be finding a decent weapon and keeping resists high.
---
"Flowers...so many the same, so many without purpose..." -Rei Ayanami
D2: LoD Accounts: *AoDAzraeL and *AoDAzraeL01